Vario - Surely it can't be this bad?

Guest _Belial

Can I ask how?  I'm already getting irritated by the Vario's refusal to connect to wireless on anything but 11b and might just consider reflashing it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'd love to know too. I'd much rather keep the pukka Vario ROM as I actually think it is better than the k-jam ROM that I am now using. Unfortanately I want 802.11g connectivity so I am forced to use k-jam instead of Vario. Very annoying :-(

Guest _Belial
I'd love to know too. I'd much rather keep the pukka Vario ROM as I actually think it is better than the k-jam ROM that I am now using. Unfortanately I want 802.11g connectivity so I am forced to use k-jam instead of Vario. Very annoying :-(

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sorry for the delay in replying guys, I can't remember the exact procedure, but it goes something like... get the phone CID/SIM unlocked from imei-check.co.uk, although i hear there's a free version doing the rounds on the xda forums now (can't link sorry).

Anyway, once that was unlocked, you remove the USB cable from your phone, then hold down the camera button then plug the usb cable in, it should load up the phone in a weird bootloader mode for you.

You then use a terminal program and connect to the phone over USB (think you had to kill wcsecomm.exe process for this to work), and press enter to get a prompt

then using an SD card in yoru device > rom size (i used a spare 256mb i had) issue the command

r2sd all

this will store en entire dump of your phone to the sd card.

KEEP THAT SD card safe (there are tools to make a dump of it, something called nwread or something, but i couldnt get it to work, kept giving me 0 byte files).

Then flash any rom you want, then when you want to come back, you power off the phone, then hold the wifi + chat buttons (or was it camera, cant remember) with your original sd card in, the phone will then prompt if you want to download image from SD, just say yes and your phone will be restored to that image

If you google for "r2sd all" you'll find what you need i'm sure, sorry i cant be more specific, typing all this from memory :)

Hope it helps