Did you buy from phones2udirect?

Guest sjalloq

Guest sjalloq

I bought my iMate SP5 on an O2 contract from Phones 2U Direct and part of the package was the £55 cashback. Has anyone who also bought from them either already received or know how to get your cashback?

The last time I fell for one of these offers it took me 8 months and 20 phone calls to finally get anything out of them. :cry:

Guest shadamehr

I contacted them about this.

They referred me to the T&C's at:

http://www.phones2udirect.co.uk/customerservices/tandc.asp

Where it explains its by redemption, over a certain number of months, and the onus is on US to make sure we time it EXACTLY right.

So they are no better than Onesstopephoneshop it seems.

Also the "O2 Treats" whatever that is, is claimable from O2 direct by ringing them on 100 from your phone, according to p2ud. But I always thought 100 was simply the number for NETWORK services, not CUSTOMER Services...

HTH.

Guest sjalloq
They referred me to the T&C's at:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

OMG! Total horse $£!^. You have to write to them within 14 days of having had the phone for 180 days and request the cashback. Which will then be paid in 3 installments. That is so dodgy. They're just hoping everyone misses the window.

Guest shadamehr
OMG!  Total horse $£!^.  You have to write to them within 14 days of having had the phone for 180 days and request the cashback.  Which will then be paid in 3 installments.  That is so dodgy.  They're just hoping everyone misses the window.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Cashbacks

Cashback offers can be claimed from month 6 of your contract. Where the amount is less than £50, then this will be paid in one instalment after the receipt of your 6th month’s invoice as per the instructions below.

On 12 month contracts, cashbacks valued over £50 will be paid in 3 instalments, one third of the cashback at month 6, one third at month 9 and the final third on month 12.

On 18 month contracts, cashbacks valued over £50 will be paid in 5 instalments, one fifth of the cashback at month 6 and the subsequent fifths at months 9, 12, 15 and 18 sequentially.

N.B. For clarification the 6th month’s invoice is classed as the first invoice you receive on or after you have had the phone for a period of 180 days from the date of connection. The invoices for month’s 9, 12, 15 and 18 are therefore those you receive 3, 6, 9 & 12 months subsequently.

To claim your cashback you will be required to send us your original invoice from your network for the month you are claiming for, which must be received 14 days from the date on the invoice (inclusive), along with a letter requesting the cashback to our address

Mine was only for £40 if I recall right, so that is payable in one lump - how much was yours for mate?

OMG!  Total horse $£!^.  You have to write to them within 14 days of having had the phone for 180 days and request the cashback.  Which will then be paid in 3 installments.  That is so dodgy.  They're just hoping everyone misses the window.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

But as it's an SP5 smartphone little do they realise the clever folks will use the phone to set a reminder :)

Guest Cybertronic

I got my i-mate SP5 from them but I didn't get a tariff that has cashback :)

However I did have a problem which was that my SP5's IMEI has already been registered on the i-mate website :?:.

I'm waiting for a reply from i-mate after showing them proof of purchase after 2 weeks of waiting for a reply from i-mate :D

A little advice...

ALL companies with high cashback offers do it after 6 or months. This is the time the claw back of comission they get from the network expires.

If you were to take the cashback and reneg on your contract with the service provider (O2 in this case), that service provider would claw back the comission payed to the retailer (phones2udirect in this case).

All this nonsense about timing it right isn't really fair, since they DO get the comission and get to keep it after 6 months is over.

MAKE SURE if you go for one of these deals you get it confirmed in your purchase email, or an email afterwards. Also keep a copy of the web page (printed to pdf would be nice).

Also buy it with a credit card. Should they not give you're money back, call the credit card company and have that amount charged back. Most card companies have a limit of 6 months from the incident, NOT the purchase date.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest surma-nodi

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

From the above Phones2udirect qoute can someone please advise how the 12 months free (via cashback claim) would work in practice.

Signed up on 2/12/2005. First invoice received this week dated 3/12/2005

180 days from sign up is 31/5/2006.

I expect to receive the following invoices over the course of the contract:

1 03/12/2005

2 03/01/2006

3 03/02/2006

4 03/03/2006

5 03/04/2006

6 03/05/2006

----------------------------

7 03/06/2006

8 03/07/2006

9 03/08/2006

10 03/09/2006

11 03/10/2006

12 03/11/2006

My question is which invoice do I send to them first (the 6th one which would fall before 31/5/06 - 180 days or the 7th one?) Additionally, if it the 7th one does this mean I'd have to keep teh contract for up to 13 month (i.e. 7 + 3 +3).

If anyone has experience of the cash back claim procedure with this company I'd be pleased to hear.

Many thanks in advance.

P.S. Yet to receive a reply to my email about this from this company.

Edited by surma-nodi

• 1 month later...
Guest indiekiduk

I think phones2udirect have gone out of business. They dont answer emails and their phone number rings and rings until it hits BT's timeout. Sometimes is busy but its probably other customers phoning ( I tested this with a friend).

I'm going to start a new order with someone else now.

Guest Nubbing

I bought my QTECK 8300 off these people. There pretty useless. I couldn't transfer my number off my old O2 contract with this new O2 contract. In the space of the 2 weeks I ordered my phone (around christmas) They where shut a lot of times. When ever I rang them I got no answer.

But after the christmas period everything went well. I have no doubt I will struggle to get my cashback.

But I have my phone and it was the cheapest price I could find...

Guest indiekiduk

I ordered on Thurs morning from phone2udirect and the phone was in stock so I expceted it next day since I paid for special delivery. They say if there is a problem they will notify you within 12hours however I received no email. I tried to phone on Monday and Tuesday and no one would answer their phone.

I think folk should avoid this company or at least seeing if they respond to a stock check email first.

Guest mupwangle

>>I couldn't transfer my number off my old O2 contract with this new O2 contract.

That isn't their fault. No network allows you transfer your number to a new contract on the same network AFAIK.

These guys always say its in stock when it isn't. They then avoid your emails for a few days, then tell u its due in 2 days. Most people think well i waited this long.

Then if you're lucky it turns up a week later!

I spoken to alot of people who went through exactly that. Order from someone else, its not worth the hassle with these people.

Guest awarner [MVP]

This is the main reason I went to T-Mobile direct, they had exactly trhe saem offer as these other stores but you had the discount there and then rather that the hassle of trying to claim it back later on.

• 8 months later...

I bought a Sony Ericsson from phones2udirect last week.

They promised next day delivery at a premium tariff but didn't deliver for 5 days and refused to refund the delivery charge. When I was chasing they also had nobody answering phones.

Their system also advertises a free leather case, and they even tell you that in their confirmation email, but the case doesn't exist and they claim a bug in their system is to blame. Like that's my fault! What they did admit - in email - is that they mis-sold the device. But they refuse to do anything about it.

Apparently they're well known to local trading standards. Be very aware if you plan to deal with them.

• 5 months later...
Guest fuzfadal

Hi there

I am afraid I had the same bad idea and bought a contract from this company. They sent the phone and I get my O2 bills every month but no free Xbox 360 as promised in the contract!!!!!!!!! :cry: I have tried phoning (be careful it is an expensive 0870 number), emailing, writing, nothing works. They are basically scammers and I do not advise anybody to use them. I have complained to Watchdog, Trading standards and I am thinking about taking them to court. Have you had a similar experience then?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest kparker
Hi there

I am afraid I had the same bad idea and bought a contract from this company. They sent the phone and I get my O2 bills every month but no free Xbox 360 as promised in the contract!!!!!!!!! :cry: I have tried phoning (be careful it is an expensive 0870 number), emailing, writing, nothing works. They are basically scammers and I do not advise anybody to use them. I have complained to Watchdog, Trading standards and I am thinking about taking them to court. Have you had a similar experience then?

hi,

i ordered a phone from them on tuesday, unfortunately before checking this site. was expecting phone wednesday, but was told when i called, that it hadn't yet been processed, and i would receive it by friday. of course its still not here. tried calling today, but no answer, just got tranferred around phone system without actually speakingto anyone, until i gave up. which in itself is a sly way of them making money from the 0870 number. i have emailed them, and if i don't receive a reply by monday, i will cancel the contract, as i am still within the "cooling off period".

• 2 months later...
Guest tom davies

Hi, I ordered my phones sunday night and got the conformation order number and all that, tried to ring them today but got no answer , as i was riniging to ask if it doesnt go through what happens to all my card details and stuff, has anyone had any problems with fraud after they have had a refused contract with these people as i am abit worried i have just given my card away basically !!!

please reply need advise.

many thanks

Tom :rolleyes:

• 8 months later...
Guest lolaborro

The bad news is that Phones2udirect have gone into liquidation so there's nothing much left to do. This is following the trend from previous Mobile phone dealers like Mobile Matters (UK) Ltd. (trading as The Mobile Outlet), Simply Communications UK Ltd. (trading as Simply 3G), Click Mobile Ltd., Mobile Rainbow (about to call creditors' meeting), Express Mobiles, Dial a Mobile Ltd. (trading as Mobile Connections), Mobile City Telecommunications, Esus Ltd (trading as Easy Mobile), Palm Communications, Just 3G, Forward Cellular, MobileClub7.com, Mobile Affiliates Ltd. (trading as Coolnewmobile and Phones2yourdoor), Mobile Media Systems Ltd. (trading as Phoneboxdirect) This is an unfair situation where innocent consumers have been conned by this unscrupulous companies that were acting with the blessing of the Telephone Networks. A group of conned consumers are trying to get together for a class action against the networks to try to claim the money they are owed. If you would like to join them feel free to email them at: [email protected] or [email protected] You don't have to be a Phones2udirect victim to contact this group, anyone affected by a Mobile phone cashback scam, like Phoneboxdirect Coolnewmobile Simply3g or The Mobile Outlet can join the group. To attempt action against the networks on an individual basis would be high-risk and costly. Clearly, in the event of litigation success only those consumers directly participating in the class actions would retrieve their cashback entitlements and costs. Anyone not participating in any action would not recover any of their cashback as a result of this.