Where to buy headphone adaptor?

Guest Cybertronic

Can someone reports back whether the PPC Techs SP3i 2.5mm Headset adapter works on a SP5? I have a Cingular 2125 which I believe is the same platform as SP5/SP5m.

Can someone reports back whether the PPC Techs SP3i 2.5mm Headset adapter works on a SP5?  I have a Cingular 2125 which I believe is the same platform as SP5/SP5m.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I will be getting my either tomorrow or the day after. Will let you know how it works.

I've had one in the past. It works beautifully but the stupid thing is I lost it a week after I got it. :) big bummer

It's very small.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Did the internal microphone still work with the adapter?

Guest Potatohead

I received my one of these today.

http://www.expansys.com/product.asp?code=119290

And its works fantastically with both my C500 & C600.

Allowing use of my Standard Headphones & no MiC in the way.(Cancels the mic function but fone still goes into headset profile so unplug to take a call - i'm always in flight mode when listening to music so i dont get interrupted)

The Four Pole 2.5M to Three Pole 3.5F ensures no shorting across the MiC pole that you get with a standard 2.5M x 3.5F adapter.

Sounds loud too with a good set of phones on the C600.

Top Banana! :)/

• 3 months later...
Guest zee3

I just found this and it is really similar to that headphone pc mobile adapater , check it out..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

i contacted the seller and he said it works good with HTC phones as i speicially asked about the i-mate sp5m and the qtek 8300

I am debating weather to get it or not.......by any chance, has anyone here used this one?

Guest m8cca
I just found this and it is really similar to that headphone pc mobile adapater , check it out..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

i contacted the seller and he said it works good with HTC phones as i speicially asked about the i-mate sp5m and the qtek 8300

I am debating weather to get it or not.......by any chance, has anyone here used this one?

This do NOT work with HTC phones. I bought the exact same one through a friend who travelled to Hong Kong. It will give you mono audio in both ears can't remember if it is both left or right). The mic and button do not work either). I opened it up and tried rewiring it and realize two of the wire was shorted at the pole plugs. (therefore giving you mono audio in both ears). Ultimately, I had to transplant a wire and plug set from a Nokia headset and went through all the diagnosis and soldering to get it to work. (Hence my inputs earlier in threads.) My friend paid only US$2.50 for it, but just too much effort involved.

Guest mini_man

God I hate these 2.5mm sockets!

They annoy the crap out of me cos of you they keep slipping in and out which makes the right side drop in and out!

Has anyone found an amazing one which works perfectly and keeps in solid?

Guest squaletto78

i sell this headphone adapters.....but im from italy so the shipping costs are expensive i think....

00043377abb.jpg

00043377str.jpg

Edited by squaletto78

Guest zee3

how does it work on your qtek 8310??

I am thinkinb about going for the ppctechs one...but 20 dollars (including shipping) for an adapter sounds extreme...

i sell this headphone adapters.....but im from italy so the shipping costs are expensive i think....

00043377abb.jpg

00043377str.jpg

Guest squaletto78

Yes i have it and its going good on my hi-fi!

Sorry but my egnlish is not so good!

1) packaging

length (cm) 10.5

width (cm) 9

height (cm) 1.5

gross weight (in gram/gramme) 20.5

blister number 43

When you buy many pieces so i think the shipping costs are not so expensive, but when you have interest i can ask ups for the shipping costs...

the price for 1 adapter are 5 euro.

Edited by squaletto78

Guest bubbahump

I got sick of trying to make the adapters work, so I looked for an integrated solution: I can confirm that the Shure i-series headphones with the "Treo" connector (look for the -t in the model name, i.e. i4c-t) work flawlessly with my T-Mobile SDA (SP5m). You can find them on ebay for far less than what is listed on the Shure website.

http://www.shurestore.com/iseries/index.html

What's strange is that the picture of the connector on the box shows a 3-conductor connector, but the actual connector has 4 conductors as required by our HTC phones. Big mistake by Shure's marketing department as I almost didn't buy them when I saw that picture. Luckily, I opened the box in the store to check. Glad I did.

By the way... the i4c-t models sound incredible, and yes, they cost MORE than my phone.

• 4 months later...
Guest rossjamesparker
The adaptor also felt loose compared to the bundled headphones :?:

Not only it quietens the sound, it sometimes quietens other frequencies such as voice in the songs but I can hear some of the beats loud enough :?:

I had this problem when borrowing a wired handsfree from my girlfriend to use in my sp5m. Her handsfree was for a Nokia 8210 (I think). The problem was that it didn't fit the socket perfectly. If you pulled it out just 1mm, the volume/frequencies would return to normal. It's just a bad fit.

Using such a headset will probably naff up your socket in the long run.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest rossjamesparker
By the way... the i4c-t models sound incredible, and yes, they cost MORE than my phone.

If only I had the funds, I'd plump for this option. It's just what I need. Anyone know of similar kits for the SP5m, at *ahem* a slightly lower price?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest bongo_king

Word to the wise - although it's been mentioned several times on here already it bears repeating: be careful what you buy. I got a nice and simple adaptor from Maplin for about 3 quid, but it was solid - no wires and very long. The leverage from it being in my pocket while I was walking & riding my bike has completely shafted the headphone socket.

What a bargain!

zee3's wired adaptor with the right angle plug look like what I should have got