462 replies to this topic

lycrawearer

lycrawearer

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts
  • Devices:HTC Hero
Wondering if some kind souls can give me some (very basic) help ...

I'm using the Chromium Smartphone skin by Juni (in it's entire form) and simply want to get it to display the Fizz Weather plugin ....

I've tried adding the code below but it doesn't work ... any idea's as to what I'm doing wrong ?

<!-- Facade Plugin View: This is the view that shows the info for each tab -->

This was taken from a post in the SBSH forums here.

Annoying thing is that I had it working before on my Lobster, then thanks to the TV facility not working I had to hard-reset it, and can I get it back ?!?!?

Cheers

Mark

P.S. Would upload the standard Chromium xml file but it appears that I can't - sorry !

Do you have a GPS ? Then take a look @ www.geocacheuk.com

sdschw

sdschw

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:SMT5600
Hey guys!

I'm a new owner of a SMT5600 that i got for new for free (I wish i was using a touch screen but ohh well)

Anyway I get my new SIM card tomorrow so I havent had the chance to test the home screen i've been making. I've done tons of research over the last three days and know what I think i'm going to need to have it finished tomorrow. Anyway I am running a Macintosh so can anyone tell me if they know of software which takes windows smartphone screen shots on OS X?

But I can give you guys a slight preview of what it will look like.
What do you all think so far? (now add smartmoniter ((miniSD memory capacity and battery under back wheel)) clock + date + carrier + wireless big space left of Ayumi, recently used apps on bottom most bar with profile the mini bar above it)

Attached File  ayu.jpg   74.02KB   25 downloads
(thanks juni for allowing me to see such excellent code for guiding my efforts)

Also anyword on changing soft key colors? (i've not had the chance to try since i dont have my SIM yet)

Edited by sdschw, 26 June 2007 - 04:25 AM.

Eldar2k

Eldar2k

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
  • Interests:Sports Cars, Luxury Hotels, SmartPhones of course. Some kinds of business.
  • Devices:I-Mate SP3
I need your help guys.
I have got this theme:
Posted Image
The problem is that Fizz Traveller does not show 5 days with information, it just shows "Action to start Fizz Traveller" and when I click on it, Fizz Traveller starts. How do I get rid of it and make FT work on my homescreen? Thanks

dancer_69

dancer_69

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Devices:ipaq hx2490b, qtek 8500
Is it possible to have different background images in homescreen and in startmenu screen? And which commands used to define them?

EDIT:

No help until now.
Anyway I managed to have diferent backgrounds whith help of IBE Tweaks program.
But now I want to change and the startmenu icons text color. Any way to change them? I didn't found any color scheme command that change them. Is it possible through the xml file?

Edited by dancer_69, 23 July 2007 - 09:54 AM.

tootight4u04

tootight4u04

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:Dash
Hi,
New to the forum and i am excited to make a new homescreen for my dash. I made it all and did everything and saved the file as "az.home.xml" and it does not seem to show up in my home screen layout on my phone.. is this not compatable with wm6? i have other xml files in the folder such as facade.home.xml and it works and shows up perfectly... why is it not showing mine? also when i transfer it from my computer to my dash a message is comming up saying "the file "az.home.xml" may be copied to the device for storage or transport use only. It is not supported for use on the device itself. Do you wish to copy the file to the device anyway?" I'm guessing this has something to do with it... can anyone tell me what im doing wrong?

darkstoner

darkstoner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hey, love the tutorial man and thanks for the work you put in on it. Though, while reading through it and then getting ready to make my own theme... i realized how lazy i was and that i didn't want to go back and forth reading what each tag in the color scheme did. SO, i created this little template with all the discriptions you listed, right next to their tag.

There are a few missing and i thought i'd ask if any one could fill those in and/or add any missing ones not listed. :)

Enjoy the template peoples.

Attached File  Smartphone___Blank_Homescreen.htm   4.47KB   341 downloads

[edit] P.S. i didn't put any plugins in it since it's mainly to help with the color scheme. i'll probably add them if some one else doesn't get to it first... *sigh* it's hard work being lazy lol

Edited by darkstoner, 29 July 2007 - 10:19 PM.

dancer_69

dancer_69

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Devices:ipaq hx2490b, qtek 8500
Posted Image
By dancer_69 at 2007-08-12

I want to change the color of softkeys bar but it doesn't work. This is my color scheme:
<!-- Color Scheme --><scheme><color name="COLOR_WINDOW" value="#00FF00"/><color name="COLOR_WINDOWTEXT" value="#000000"/><color name="COLOR_STATIC" value="#00FF00"/><color name="COLOR_STATICTEXT" value="#000000"/><color name="COLOR_HIGHLIGHT" value="#1B6A0D"/><color name="COLOR_HIGHLIGHTTEXT" value="#FFFFFF"/><color name="COLOR_TEXTSELECT" value="#FFFFFF"/><color name="COLOR_MENU" value="#95FF95"/><color name="COLOR_MENUTEXT" value="#000000"/><color name="COLOR_GRAYTEXT" value="#808080"/><color name="COLOR_GRADLEFT" value="#FFFFFF"/><color name="COLOR_GRADRIGHT" value="#FFFFFF"/><color name="COLOR_INTGRADLEFT" value="#FFFFFF"/><color name="COLOR_INTGRADRIGHT" value="#FFFFFF"/><color name="COLOR_TRAYGRADLEFT" value="##000000"/><color name="COLOR_TRAYGRADRIGHT" value="##000000"/><color name="COLOR_HIGHGRADLEFT" value="#356A3E"/><color name="COLOR_HIGHGRADRIGHT" value="#356A3E"/><color name="COLOR_TRAYTEXT" value="#FFFFFF"/><color name="COLOR_WINDOWFRAME" value="#000000"/><color name="COLOR_BTNFACE" value="#008040"/><color name="COLOR_BTNTEXT" value="#000000"/><color name="COLOR_SCROLLBAR" value="#E0E0E0"/><color name="COLOR_HOMETEXT" value="#FFFF97"/><color name="COLOR_HOMEHIGHLIGHT" value="#FFFFFF"/><color name="COLOR_HOMEHIGHLIGHTTEXT" value="#FFFF97"/><color name="COLOR_HOMERULE" value="#00FF00"/><color name="COLOR_alertWINDOW" value="#00FF00"/><color name="COLOR_alertTITLE" value="#000000"/><color name="COLOR_alertRULE" value="#004E4C"/></scheme>

As I read in the tutorial, I think its this:
COLOR_BTNFACE
Unselected background color for the soft key region
--and or this--
COLOR_TRAYGRADLEFT
Starting color value for the title bar gradient.
COLOR_TRAYGRADRIGHT
Ending color value for the title bar gradient.

But whatever color I put it doesn't change. I have a blue like color and I want green.
Can anyone help me please?

Thanks.

sjcruiser36

sjcruiser36

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:Motorola Q
Kudos, Well explained even for the novice. This tutorial is great. Thanks for your work in putting it together.

sjcruiser36

nazedo

nazedo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
HI i made a new XML and strored in my home directory. I cant select it when try so in the homescreen menu tough. Any idea what im doing wrong..

Looby

Looby

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 602 posts
  • Devices:HTC Touch Diamond
have you labeled it .home? Otherwise post it here so we can have a look ;)

nazedo

nazedo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

have you labeled it .home? Otherwise post it here so we can have a look ;)

Oke here it is...

Attached Files

Edited by nazedo, 01 September 2007 - 02:39 PM.

Looby

Looby

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 602 posts
Hi nazedo, the ammended file is in the zip folder. Cheers..looby ;)

Attached Files

nazedo

nazedo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Hi nazedo, the ammended file is in the zip folder. Cheers..looby ;)

Thanks! what had i done wrong?

Looby

Looby

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 602 posts
Hi nazedo, I only corrected the problems as to why your file did not work on your device. I have since had a chance to upload it to my device and I can see you do not have the time placed correctly on the homescreen, I have modified this in the enclosed file below. If you check with your original you can see I have changed the time to:

Attached Files

nazedo

nazedo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Hi nazedo, I only corrected the problems as to why your file did not work on your device. I have since had a chance to upload it to my device and I can see you do not have the time placed correctly on the homescreen, I have modified this in the enclosed file below. If you check with your original you can see I have changed the time to:

Thanks for the additional changes! My plan was indeed to firts get it working and then get the allignment fixed. What where the problems that caused it to not work the first time, you remember that?

Cheers

Fredstar

Fredstar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:Blackjack
hey guys...First i wana say dude, you RoCk. Fo sho.. This is a great breakdown, no i just need to kno, cuz i aim modifiying a homescreen myself, and im a RoOkie <_< , But anyway, U kno that clsid="{837FC251-FE69-43ad-84E0-EBCEDEBA0884} ok , i have a shortcut on my homescreen, but i wana change the shortcut, but i dont kno how to direct it, the only thing im guess is that clsid!? ;) Don kno if u kno about HTML, but so to speak, for an image link,
U kno, Click on the picture and it takes you where u wana go.Would be
So is that how the clsid works? If so, How the heck do i get the addy for lets say the notes app?? :( So what i wana make happen is I click on the icon on my home screen and B :D :) M, it opens up the notes app!! Can anyone plz help me.....I got sumthing good here..
Thanks in advance :(

Fredstar

Fredstar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:Blackjack

Hey guys!

I'm a new owner of a SMT5600 that i got for new for free (I wish i was using a touch screen but ohh well)

Anyway I get my new SIM card tomorrow so I havent had the chance to test the home screen i've been making. I've done tons of research over the last three days and know what I think i'm going to need to have it finished tomorrow. Anyway I am running a Macintosh so can anyone tell me if they know of software which takes windows smartphone screen shots on OS X?

But I can give you guys a slight preview of what it will look like.
What do you all think so far? (now add smartmoniter ((miniSD memory capacity and battery under back wheel)) clock + date + carrier + wireless big space left of Ayumi, recently used apps on bottom most bar with profile the mini bar above it)

Attached File  ayu.jpg   74.02KB   25 downloads
(thanks juni for allowing me to see such excellent code for guiding my efforts)

Also anyword on changing soft key colors? (i've not had the chance to try since i dont have my SIM yet)

Its coming alone nice.

pjgwilliams

pjgwilliams

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:blackjack
Hi all,
I've been editing homescreens. All seems pretty easy. I would like to put time in my titlebar. Has anyone done this before? I have seen a screenshot but unfortubately no xml code.
Thanks

janneman88

janneman88

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Hi guys,

I'm trying to figure out how to change two things in the XML file for my new theme. (HTC s710)
Preview:
Posted Image

- The red line pointing to number 1: How can I change this color or remove this black part? This is the part where the operator name shows up. In my case 'proximus'.

- The red line pointing to number 2: Whatever color code I try, I never get the gradient bar the way I like it. This is the code I'm testing for the moment:
<scheme>
		 <color name="COLOR_TRAYGRADLEFT" value="#000000" />
		 <color name="COLOR_TRAYGRADRIGHT" value="#000000" />

<color name="COLOR_INTGRADLEFT" value="#000000" />
		 <color name="COLOR_INTGRADRIGHT" value="#000000" />

<color name="COLOR_HIGHGRADLEFT" value="#000000" />
		 <color name="COLOR_HIGHGRADRIGHT" value="#000000" />

<color name="COLOR_GRADLEFT" value="#000000" />
		 <color name="COLOR_GRADRIGHT" value="#000000" />

<color name="COLOR_HOMEHIGHLIGHT" value="#000000" /> 
		 <color name="COLOR_HOMEHIGHLIGHTTEXT" value="#fed868" /> 
		 <color name="COLOR_HOMETEXT" value="#FFFFFF" /> 
		 <color name="COLOR_HOMERULE" value="#FFFFFF" /> 
		 <color name="COLOR_WINDOW" value="#7A7A7A" />
	 </scheme>

As you can see, I'm trying to get that gradient bar in full black color. But I think I'm missing something here.

Can anyone help me?

Edited by janneman88, 27 November 2007 - 04:41 PM.

Jayden0606

Jayden0606

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Devices:iPhone & BJ II
Maybe it's me, but I am unable to find the homescreens I create in the list... If I didn't do certain things like attributes correctly, would that stop it? Below is what I have... I tried the tutorial up there and failed, so I tried to copy windows simple and add to it... Can someone help me put it together and leave a spot for me to add the backround image:

I want the following items : Time & Date, same spot that windows simple has it, except, I would like instead of numbers to have the words (January 1st, 2008)

then...

Calls Missed (I would like it to disappear when there aren't any)
SMS & MMS
Calendar Appointment

All of this, I would like going down the left side with a blue & white theme...
Also the font, I would prefer to be Sylfaen, if possible or the cloest to it.

Please anyone, w4lly???

Thanks in advance,
S.

DaChildProdigy
[email protected]/
Jayden Simple
Jayden Simple
Jayden minimal
Jayden sencillo
Jayden simple
Jayden semplice
Jayden simples