TomTom5 on HTC Magician

Guest tski

I have an Orange SPV M500 (HTC Magician)

I was looking to buy TomTom NAVIGATOR 5 for it.

It seemed expensive so I bought it at Bowlers coputer fair, Manchester. on 17 Dec 2005.

The guys (I've seen their stall months ago) installed it with a 1Gb SD card and it worked OK on the way home (1 1/2 hours) with the Holux GPS unit they supplied.

Are there any downsides to getting such an "unofficial" copy?

Since then the TomTom has failed, The TomTom logo on my SPV start menu has been replaced by a plain logo. When I select this I get no response.

There is now a large TomTom logo at the bottom of my homepage, when slected I get the message -

"Cannot find Tom Tom, make sure the path is correct and all the required libraries are available"

I am interested in adding TomTom Traffic (£40p.a. subscription) as I do a lot of daytime miles, is it worthwhile? will this be possible as I bought the TomTom "unofficially".

I've seen on the internet that the POI.dat file should be 8Mb not 1.3Mb as they have given me. What can I) do about this?

Any help is very much appreciated - Thanks

:|

Edited by tski

Guest chucky.egg

Oooh. Welcome to the forums mate, but not a great first post - "I've bought some dodgy software, can you help me get it working?"

Your "unofficial" (stolen) copy of the software appears not to have installed properly. Now it's not working. That is the downside to "unofficial" (stolen) copies of software.

But look on the bright side... at least you didn't get a virus with it. Did you?

You wont be able to buy Traffic because you'll need the code from the box that the "official" (legal) copy of the software comes with.

Treat it as a learning opportunity. If you want navigation software there's loads around to choose from if (legal) TomTom is out of your price range. http://www.Mapopolis.com is cheaper than TomTom and worth a look