Anyone using the Cradle with Speakers?

Guest st3ph3n

Guest st3ph3n

I've just ordered a Vario and I was looking at the Cradles on expansys. Do you think the one with the speakers would let me use the speakers as a desktop handsfree?

The cradle is only an extra £1 over the non speakered one so I'll probably get it anyway.

Guest daftveggie

Mine arrived this morning; its brilliant!!!!!

in silver so looks fantastic with the vario, snug fit, and it's actually different from the picture on the expansis site, ie the vario does fit in.

Need little usb mains plug adaptor that comes with it for power and charging the vario is very cool.

working perfectly so far, synced with the PC when on, and powered up the speakers and charging the vario with the PC off.

really really happy with it.

One tiny niggle is that there is no where to put (or separate) stylus; so it has to sit on the side, looking a little sad ;)

Guest daftveggie

oh, and to answer the question!!!

the handsfree does work nicely with the speakers, the only problem is that the person on the other end gets a bit of an echo and you have to shout a little becuase of the position of the mic

but it's perfect at the vario end of the call.

Guest mcwarre
that looks sweet.

how much?

link?

It's £19.99 (ex-delivery) and a good link is here

@daftveggie

What's the sound like (honestly?). Same as cheap/middle range/expensive radio of same size?

TVM

Guest ZeBoxx
It's £19.99 (ex-delivery) and a good link is here

Just to note - that's actually not a good link ;)

The cradle sold there is for the I-Mate Jam, a.k.a. HTC Magician.

You'll want this one :

http://www.expansys.com/product.asp?code=128066

The picture looks the same (i.e. 'wrong' for the HTC Wizard), but if you order that item, you should get the HTC Wizard (I-Mate K-Jam, Qtek 9100, etc.) version.

Guest mcwarre
Just to note - that's actually not a good link ;)

The cradle sold there is for the I-Mate Jam, a.k.a. HTC Magician.

D'Oh. My Bad. :oops: :oops:

original link edited. TVM.

Guest daftveggie

Sound is not awful, as good as a pair of powered speakers @ £20

you can get a good volume on them but without much distortion. MDA vol one below max and speakers just a little below max is still crisp (all relitive of course)

Well listenable on, but lets be honest, you aint going to be throwing parties around it as a sound system!!!

worth it for the looks as a cradle as much as the fact it has speakers I'd say.

Blue light is really very bright on it; have to unplug at night coz it keeps me awake!!

I have noticed one thing when used in conjunction with the supplied mains adaptor the power seems to 'pluse', for want of a better word, for a little while before settling. Not a major issue I suspect, but a little worrying when you turn the music on right away and it jumps at you for a bit!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest yutingkuo

Sound quality - OK

Power supply - Awful, you WILL get noise in speakers unless you use original phone power supply.

Sync - No way. the USB connects to power supply, not the computer.

Charging - Won't charge if I'm listening to music.

LED light - very bright, needlessly.

Think about it why do you want to get the speakers just as a stand? The phone has speakers built-in, or you could get 2.5mm-3.5mm convertor (£ 2 on ebay) to plug your normal speakers in.

If you want a syncing cradle get the cradle, forget about the speakers. Not worth it.

Guest chris1price
man... that it doesn't allow you to connect to USB for synching is just moronic.  I guess that's why it isn't mentioned ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi all... I bought one over Christmas and am very happy with it. If you plug the USB cable from the PC directly to the cradle, it changes and syncs fine. Volume and music quality are great.

I agree about the blue light... much too bright.

Guest daftveggie

ye, not sure where you're getting the no-sync idea from, mine works fine; as long as you plug into the computer and not the power socket that is!!!!

bit of black tape over the LED works nicely but the wiring is simple inside so you can easily unhook it.

Sound is better than the unbuilt speakers (naturally) although they are only 2W speakers, what you expect for £20!!!

also thinking of drilling a small hole and making my own little stylus holder ;)