C600, MMS Patch

Guest mdor

Guest Gladers
would these swiss updates be worth doing on a uk c600?

si

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yes, the explorer one now displays pictures for websites which previously wouldn't on my UK c600.

Guest djpowell

I just took a look at the patches for the c600. If you open up the CAB files with Winzip or Windows Explorer on the desktop, and look at _setup.xml, you can see that they don't contain any new files, they both just patch a registry key each.

The IE one changes the default Accept header used by IE.

The MMS one changes:

HKLM\Software\ArcSoft\ArcSoft MMS UA\Config\UI\ReservedSpace

from 4132 to 1024.

(ah - so the previous limit was 4 and a bit meg).

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Rhinestone

I did the Explorer patch as my own two web sites would not load up on the "out of the box" Pocket IE. This functionality is now working. Great stuff!

Guest elziado
I did the Explorer patch as my own two web sites would not load up on the "out of the box" Pocket IE. This functionality is now working. Great stuff!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What are the original values of the internet explorer header, I just applied the patch and think I want to change back. Now mobile pages (such as orange world)won't display correctly. (I did back up my registry but it was a while ago and don't want to lose all the changes I made...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Serenity
What are the original values of the internet explorer header, I just applied the patch and think I want to change back. Now mobile pages (such as orange world)won't display correctly. (I did back up my registry but it was a while ago and don't want to lose all the changes I made...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ther original value on the UK Orange SPV C600 is

application/vnd.wap.wmlc, application/vnd.wap.wbxml, application/vnd.wap.wmlscriptc, application/vnd.wap.multipart.mixed, application/vnd.wap.xhtml+xml, application/xhtml+xml, application/vnd.oma.dd+xml, audio/3gpp, audio/mid, audio/midi, audio/sp-midi, audio/amr, audio/amr-wb, audio/mp3, audio/mp4, audio/MP4-LATM, audio/mpeg, audio/wav, audio/x-wav, audio/x-mp3, audio/x-mpeg, audio/x-mpg, audio/x-ms-wax, audio/x-ms-wma, audio/x-ms-wav, image/bitmap, image/bmp, image/gif, image/jpeg, image/jpg, image/pjpeg, image/png, image/vnd.wap.wbmp, image/wbmp, image/x-bmp, image/x-png, image/x-windows-bmp, message/rfc822, text/css, text/html, text/plain, text/vnd.wap.wml, text/x-ical, text/xml, text/xsl, text/x-vcal, text/vnd.sun.j2me.app-descriptor, application/java, application/java-archive, /vnd.sun.j2me.app-descriptor, video/3gpp, video/avi, video/x-ms-avi, video/mp4, video/x-ms-asf, video/x-ms-asx, video/x-ms-wm, video/x-ms-wmp, video/x-ms-wmv, video/x-ms-wmx, video/x-ms-wvx, */*

good luck typing that in :?:

FYI I changes mine to a simple */* and everything seems to work, including all the Orange World stuff

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Tirinoarim

Anyone managed to get the "All Day Event" reminders to go off at 8am (like the C500), rather than waking me up at fsking midnight!? :x

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Rhinestone
FYI I changes mine to a simple */* and everything seems to work, including all the Orange World stuff

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Where do you type this in?

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Antanico

Hi,

the link provided does not upgrade the ROM for C500 Orange SPV. The message says "different language" and "This upgrade is not matching the provider".

Any other sources with a newer firmware like the CH one for UK Mobiles rather than this?

http://www.orange.co.uk/c500patch/TY_ORUK_...4_0328_Ship.exe

Regards,

ATB Ant!

Edited by Antanico

Guest Antanico
Is it worth me doing this upgrade?

I really do not want to lose all my text messages...

Hi Dude,

There is no need to do the upgrade unless you like the new Media Player and some extra functions (like blocking the keypad keeping pressed the Red hook and closing some apps with the back arrow key).

Ciao

Ant

• 3 weeks later...
Guest mjoyeux
Working on the assumption that the MMS patch is no longer necessary due to ROM development and for the benefit of those running earlier version phones....

I have OS 5.1.70 Build (14402.1.1.0), what should I do to permanently solve the MMS issue without updating the ROM and losing everything? ;)

Guest sporkguy
I have OS 5.1.70 Build (14402.1.1.0), what should I do to permanently solve the MMS issue without updating the ROM and losing everything? ;)

The best solution is to backup everything using activesync and/or your storage card, and then update to the latest rom as opposed to applying patches.

• 1 month later...
Guest louisg
The best solution is to backup everything using activesync and/or your storage card, and then update to the latest rom as opposed to applying patches.

Can you link to the latest rom update please.

louis