I got a new mpx200

Guest aff1993

Guest aff1993

I got one new with original acessories and 1 year warranty new, i was bidding and i lost it, an hour later i had a second chance offer and accepted. :D

should get it not next week monday, but the one after!

bye!!!!!! ;)

Guest fluffcat1
I got one new with original acessories and 1 year warranty new, i was bidding and i lost it, an hour later i had a second chance offer and accepted. :D

should get it not next week monday, but the one after!

bye!!!!!! ;)

Cool. What GSM bands do you use in Oz as it looks like you're buying a US model?

Richard

Guest aff1993
Cool. What GSM bands do you use in Oz as it looks like you're buying a US model?

Richard

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

We run off 1800/1900, but its triband that phone WM2003.

What countrys use quadband phones? 850/900/1800/1900????

Guest mike-oh

MPx 200? That's sooo 2004! ;)

Best goddamn phone i ever had though. I found a photo of it on my pc the other day and started getting all emotional over it! :D :D

I'm sure you won't regret it!

Guest fluffcat1
We run off 1800/1900, but its triband that phone WM2003.

What countrys use quadband phones? 850/900/1800/1900????

Wrong on both counts mate.

"Importing mobiles from overseas and working in Australia?"

http://www.mtekk.com.au/forums/viewtopic.php?p=10796

"Ensure it's minimum dual band GSM900/1800 - one or t'other still won't cut it here. A lot of tri-band 900/1800/1900 phones out there which will be fine. Beware US MPx200's though - GSM900 and 1900 are operational, but something screwy with 1800.

"

MPX200 is wm2002 as standard although there are (illegal) ways to upgrade.

From what I remember, you can make a dual band mpx200 pretend / look like it's got tri band capabilities but it hasn't really it just edits the menu to show it there.

Quad band phones are usefull in the US for their 850 / 1900 coverage and the UK for their 900 /1800 coverage so ideal for the world traveller.

Richard

Guest XiSt3nCe

Welcome to the MPx200 club as awarner said; I have to say, this phone is some of the best money i've ever spent. I just bought another one off ebay tonight with all the accessories for $40usd(With shipping) HERE

The phone won't boot past HelloMoto, but thats an easy fix(Hopefully) anyway, this phone is used as my primary MP3 player, (Which isn't too bad with tweaks) I'll tell you what. PM me your address and I'll send you a MPx200 specific headset. No strings attached. ;) That is, if you live in the US and your package dosen't come with one. lol

Guest awarner [MVP]
The phone won't boot past HelloMoto, but thats an easy fix(Hopefully) anyway

Couple of things to try, go to the hard reset screen then select NO and see if the phone continues to boot.

If not then select YES for the hard reset.

Guest XiSt3nCe

I was planning on it, if it wasn't going to let me hard-reset, I was going to try and flash it with WM2003 or the original firmware(I would probbably flash it with this anyway).

But if I can't get it to work, I guess it's spare parts time.