24 replies to this topic

Chimpanzee

Chimpanzee

Chimpanzee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts
  • Devices:HTC Touch Pro

Is the content protected? Because that behaviour sounds consistent with the songs needing a licence...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nope. Just MP3s ripped from CDs using WinAmp. I've never had any problems with them before.

Has anyone else experienced GPRS issues recently.
I just wonder as I never use to, so I have put it down to the ROM update, but I have heard Orange have switched on their EDGE service in the last week............could this have an influence

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Funny you should mention it; i started having problems with it today. A soft reset sorted it though.

RussellH

RussellH

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • Devices:HTC TYTN II
Hi Chaps,

I've been reading through these posts and can't make up my mind whether to apply this update to my M2000. Most people seem happy with it, and it also appears to resolve the sound issue. Two questions really:- Are those who applied the update glad they did? Also, I'm still running the original software from when I bought the phone. Can I apply this straight away, or do I have to update in stages?

Thanks for your help,

Best wishes,

Russell

Ceilidh

Ceilidh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
  • Devices:TM MDA Vario II (WM6)

Hi Chaps,

I've been reading through these posts and can't make up my mind whether to apply this update to my M2000.  Most people seem happy with it, and it also appears to resolve the sound issue.  Two questions really:- Are those who applied the update glad they did?  Also, I'm still running the original software from when I bought the phone.  Can I apply this straight away, or do I have to update in stages?

Thanks for your help,

Best wishes,

Russell

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I can honestly say I'm glad I installed it (despite the rigmarole surrounding it, where the install crashed partway through - but I blame my computer, it's not the best at intensive jobs like that), and would recommend anyone to do the same. As for applying it, yup, it'll upgrade from any previous version (as essentially, it's wiping the phone's ROM and re-writing it with the new ROM image.)

Current WM Phone:
MDA Vario II with Windows Mobile 6.0

Old WM Phones:
HTC Blue Angel
MPx200
HTC Voyager

Chimpanzee

Chimpanzee

Chimpanzee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts
  • Devices:HTC Touch Pro
Me too. It's worth it just for the latest versionof WMP!
Not all of the problems are fixed but i haven't really noticed any new ones (apart from having difficulty connecting to Orange email- but i think it might have done that before :S ??)

its_millertime22

its_millertime22

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
  • Interests:b
  • Devices:m3100,m5000,mpx220

WMV files? Mine has NEVER been able to play files with that extension, only WMA.

Try changing the extension. Windows'll ask if you're sure you want to but just click "yes" - it'll work fine.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Of course it plays WMV files! All pocket pc's can play videos and play them WELL!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users