Best Contract Deal for the Wizard

Guest aatari

Guest Honest John
Yup, I've spoken to someone at T-Mobile who indicated that T-Mobile direct will give you 12 months half price (out of 18) but other retailers will only give you 6 months half price (all automatic from the network).  Any addition to the 6 month half price offer other retailers are providing will be via cashback.

I'm still in 2 minds whether to go with an 18 month contract.  Will I want a new handset in 12 months?  Handset only has 12 month warranty, what if it dies?  Do I *really* need 40MB per month as I have WiFi at home and work?  You also have the benefit of half price line rental for ever after 18 months (as long as you don't get an upgrade etc).  In practice though - after 18 months, I'm probably going to be looking for an upgrade or to move to another tariff etc - so I'll ignore that part when making the decision.

Then there's the question about having the Self Serve option.  If I can manage it all on the internet, then a £2 per month (£36 through whole 18 month contract) seems worth it.  However, at 50p per minute, max £5 per call to CS should I have a problem not solved online worries me.  Will you be stuck on hold?  Does this time cost 50p per minute - I'm guessing so.  So, over 18 months, if I made 7x 10 minute calls to CS, I'll lose any saving I'd have made.

If I went with T-Mobile direct, at W'n'Walk 100 with Self Serve, it would be £13 per month for 12 months, £28 per month for 6 months and £9.95 for handset with insurance (£69.99 if I didn't get insurance - question is, would they reclaim the difference in price if I cancelled??).  Total cost for 18 months would be £334 if I get insurance and cancel (assuming they don't claw back the difference).  Average cost per month being £18.56

Oh decisions decisions...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Guest Honest John

Don't forget that these current deals are "for life".. After the 18 moths is up, you keep the same rates till you change handset (or admit to changing it!!!)

You also can have the Vario free on the 300 minutes per month tariff at £14.50, if you don't need the 40Mb data.

I am a big fan of these deals at present and I don't work for T-Mobile.

Think - no more cash back claiming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :twisted: