M500 Not Closing Apps

Guest Shuriken1

Guest Shuriken1

Hello,

Just picked up a SPV M500 from Orange and am loving it at the moment. I have a couple of niggles with it though and reading some of the things you guys are talking about, it is clear I haven't even begun to understand this clever little bit of kit.

The most obvious problem I have is that when I close, or think I close, applications they don't actually end. I end up going into settings>memory>running porgrams to shut them down. I just read that I can change the close button properties but this is all foreign to me. Any advice regarding that would be brilliant.

Also, minor thing, can I lock the screen at all. I didn't occur to me before getting it but obviously, as it's a touch screen, I can end up doing all manner of things when putting it in my pocket. Is there some clever way around this?

Any and all advice will be greatly appreicated, cheers,

Shuriken.

Guest Shuriken1

Thanks very much, another thing that occured to me after I switched the pc off, how do you actually switch this thing off? When I hold the power button it just makes the backlight go off, but doesn't switch the unit itself off. It being windows I thought maybe there is a shutdown button somewhere within the software but I definitely can't find it.

I kind of feel like I'm missing a menu or something. Anyway, thanks for your help.

Shuriken.

Guest mupwangle

You press the power button once and it goes into standby - hold it cycles the backlight. They aren't really designed to be shut down. The only way I know of is to pull the battery and not switch it back on after.

Guest Shuriken1

Oh ok, thats a bit strange. Now I know how to put it into standby myself it's alright, I thought that was just turning the backlight off.

I have downloaded that spb prog and am trialling it at the moment, seems to iron out a lot of little bugs. ;)

Thanks for you both for your help.

Shuriken1.

Guest chucky.egg

Watch out with ScreenGuard

I've been using it and it might be responsible for some odd problems I had with the on-screen input (keyboard, letter recogniser etc)

I've had to "rebuild" my phone (without installing Screen Guard) and have gone back to using Picture Password (which does a similar thing, but in a slightly different way).

http://www.picturepassword.com/

It might not be Screen Guard at fault - i don' know for sure.

You might also want to look at PPC Profiles Pro. That can automatically turn Flight Mode (which turns off the phone parts) on and off according to times you tell it. It's free to, which is nice!

You can read more here:

http://www.modaco.com/PPCProfiles_Pro-f151.html