Free phone call recorder for MS Smartphone release

Guest linkdead

Guest tamanaco
Found this over msmobiles, apears to work on WM5 Tornado device from HTC or the Cingular 2125, check it out ;)

Free phone call recorder for MS Smartphone released

PMRecorder

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Btw, if you click on Downloads, there is another application called PMVault. This app allows you to archive cell phone messages, contacts, call history, pictures and notes in a server in the sky (1800message.com) I don't know how secured is the data in this server, but it is password protected. One can also access the site with a desktop browser and lookup the archived information .

Beware, because if you don't have a Wi-Fi enabled phone and have a lot of data in your phone it can cost you a bit money for the initial archive. This is a good example of how a Wi-Fi enabled phone can save you money. (Viva! Qtek 8310) Also, I don't know for how long this service will be free as I think is in beta.

Edited by tamanaco

who cares lol

the point IS : Spv C600 is the first smartphone able to record conversations, it works really great, automatically. Unfortunally you can listen only on phone as audio files are crypted and undecrypted by sending over their site. anyway to crack that ?

Guest MorphFx

hmm, if the C600 and the newer handsets now have API features that can record conversation surely someone on here will come out with a free unencrypted version - anyone want to collaborate?

its a WHOLE trend about this issue, no need to start another one - maybe a moderator can move this trend there?

YES, PMRecorder work fine, we need a win player/converter!

I have a Cingular 2125 and it's pretty easy to actually record phone calls...

1. Open Media Player and set it to Video Mode

2. Dial the phone number

3. Switch to the Video Recorder and start recording

4. The file is saved as a .mp4 video

5. I use xilisoft to convert it to an MP3

I have always said that my smartphone is the #1 prank call utility :-D

Guest linkdead
No way to convert .rcwv/.kcwv to wave?

Anybody?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well yes, I googled translated som frensh forums and linked me here

nectun.com something frensh rcall

tip use google translate or something...

further down you found an app called rcall runs on pc and transfers files via activesync to wave, I just tryed it on qtek 8310 and works fine, now have fun.. :)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest ggcespia

The .rcwv files are actually .wav files with a little header information on the front end of the file that has the time, contact name, etc. to whom the call was made. We'll try to post a little utility that whacks the header info out. Alternatively, you can upload it to the 1800message.com site and it auto-converts it to a .wav file for you. You can then save target as and save it back to your PC.

Greg - 1800message.com

• 2 weeks later...
Guest catman3

I want to beta the archive features but I cannot get an account setup. I continue to get the error "You do not have an active account. Signup failed or you did not sign up."

How does one sign up? I tried entering a password in on both PMVault and PM Recorder in the "Sign Up" section where it prompts: "You must first sign up for this service. Please enter a password below to sign up."

It displays my phone # correctly and also lists it as my account # in PMVault.

Ideas? Anyone else experience this?

I have the T-Mobile SDA II (U.S. Version) aka HTC Tornado. Record features work flawlessly for both sides of the conversation BTW.

• 2 months later...
Guest ggcespia
I want to beta the archive features but I cannot get an account setup. I continue to get the error "You do not have an active account. Signup failed or you did not sign up."

How does one sign up? I tried entering a password in on both PMVault and PM Recorder in the "Sign Up" section where it prompts: "You must first sign up for this service. Please enter a password below to sign up."

It displays my phone # correctly and also lists it as my account # in PMVault.

Ideas? Anyone else experience this?

I have the T-Mobile SDA II (U.S. Version) aka HTC Tornado. Record features work flawlessly for both sides of the conversation BTW.

Try turning your proxy settings off. We're working on a version that will allow you to use a proxy. However, for now, please turn off your proxy and it should work fine.

• 1 month later...
Guest Jobine

Conversation.vbs (rcwv to wav)

Const ForReading = 1

Const ForWriting = 2

Const StrToSearch = "RIFF"

Const StrExt = "wav"

On Error Resume Next

Set objArgs = WScript.Arguments

If objArgs.Count <> 1 Then

WScript.Echo "1 argument requis :" & Chr(13) & Chr (10) & _

" filescript <sourcefile>" & Chr(13) & Chr (10) & _

" Le fichier de sortie portera le m

Guest danwatson1974

I just know that I am going to make myself look stupider than usual by totally missing the point here , but I have always been able to quite happily record both sides of any telephone conversation in my SPVM500 simply using the 'voice notes' facility :)

Come on then ...... tell me how stupid I am ;) :D

Guest danwatson1974

Dammit .. when I say 'tell me how stupid I am' what I really mean is ' look at me - look at how clever I am because I have a hitherto unknown, but at the same time, totally obvious solution to all of your problems you simple souls'

And now, it's all gone horribly pear shaped , and I look like the dribbling imbecile that I really am. I must pay more attention to the thread that I am currently posting in in future.

As has been pointed out ...... thoroughly owned, feeling slightly ashamed, and apologising to all for posting in the wrong thread :) ;)