Bluetooth Dialing

Guest roadwise

• 4 weeks later...
Guest adchaffey
for anyone else looking for it its available off his blog else where http://www.geekzone.co.nz/blog.asp?blogid=7&postid=462

I ran the cab file this morning and everything seemed to go fine. Checked the registry and the key had been changed as in the previous post. However....

If I restart my phone and press the button on my headset voice command sparks up as expected and works perfectly. But once it has completed it won't work again. Even if i press the voice dial button on the site of the phone (which i have mapped to voice command) voice command works but not through the headset!

Any ideas anyone, it's really frustrating! I've just spent

Guest sbsdegb1
I ran the cab file this morning and everything seemed to go fine. Checked the registry and the key had been changed as in the previous post. However....

If I restart my phone and press the button on my headset voice command sparks up as expected and works perfectly. But once it has completed it won't work again. Even if i press the voice dial button on the site of the phone (which i have mapped to voice command) voice command works but not through the headset!

Any ideas anyone, it's really frustrating! I've just spent

Guest adchaffey
I didn't use any cab files to change the phone settings I did it manually with a registry editor. remapped voice command to the voice dial key and it all works like a dream. Pity voice command can't write texts then I could dictate texts whilst driving too. Come on microsoft add it to the next version.

Hmmm. Could you tell me what the original value of the registry key was? I'm going to set it back to the original and see if it works as it did before.

Can anyone tell me exactly what the cab file changes? (and by cab file, I mean the application that the cab file installs!) Is it just the registry key mentioned in the previous post or does it do anything else?

Guest Happy Dave
Hmmm. Could you tell me what the original value of the registry key was? I'm going to set it back to the original and see if it works as it did before.

Can anyone tell me exactly what the cab file changes? (and by cab file, I mean the application that the cab file installs!) Is it just the registry key mentioned in the previous post or does it do anything else?

you can use the same program to change it back from what I remeber, the cab file installed a program which gives you a choice of MS VC or the standard voice dialler to use.

It might be worth checking the button mapping hasn't been lost, for some reason mine changes itself every so often and reassigns itself to the messaging button.

For what its worth I'm using MS VC version 1.50.4333.21 (UK Version ) on the latest iMate Rom with no problems

Guest adchaffey
you can use the same program to change it back from what I remeber, the cab file installed a program which gives you a choice of MS VC or the standard voice dialler to use.

It might be worth checking the button mapping hasn't been lost, for some reason mine changes itself every so often and reassigns itself to the messaging button.

For what its worth I'm using MS VC version 1.50.4333.21 (UK Version ) on the latest iMate Rom with no problems

Thanks for the reply.

I uninstalled the program from the cab file but have managed to work out the original registry value anyway. When i return the value to point to sddialer.exe everything works fine. But when i change it to voicecmd.exe it behaves quite strange....

If i press the button on the headset and then issue the command 'Cancel' I am then able to press the button again and have voice commend spring into life. If i issue any other command however, i can't then use the button again!

I'm using the brand new T-Mobile ROM with MS VC 1.5 (UK).

Any ideas anyone!?!?!

Guest adchaffey

*BUMP*

There must be someone here that can help! I really need to get this sorted but I'm completely baffled!

I've tried everything now. Once I've issued any command other than 'cancel' Voice Command will not respond to pressing the headset button.

I have tried turing the headset off and on again, and turning bluetooth off and on again on the phone but no change. Even if i press the memo button on the side of the phone (which i have remapped to Voice Command) it still launches Voice Command but through the speakers/microphone rather than the headset!

Guest sbsdegb1
*BUMP*

There must be someone here that can help! I really need to get this sorted but I'm completely baffled!

I've tried everything now. Once I've issued any command other than 'cancel' Voice Command will not respond to pressing the headset button.

I have tried turing the headset off and on again, and turning bluetooth off and on again on the phone but no change. Even if i press the memo button on the side of the phone (which i have remapped to Voice Command) it still launches Voice Command but through the speakers/microphone rather than the headset!

What headset are you using. It could be that. works fine with my Jabra BT 250 and my Bluetooth Car mirror.

Guest adchaffey
What headset are you using. It could be that. works fine with my Jabra BT 250 and my Bluetooth Car mirror.

Thanks for the reply.

I'm using the Sony Ericsson HBH-300. Anyone got bluetooth dialing working with this headset??

I'm > < this close to resorting to a hard reset to see if i've done something wrong!

Guest adchaffey
Thanks for the reply.

I'm using the Sony Ericsson HBH-300. Anyone got bluetooth dialing working with this headset??

I'm > < this close to resorting to a hard reset to see if i've done something wrong!

Well I've gone for another hard reset seen as I haven't finished installing everything i need anyway since updating to the latest T-mobile ROM.

Anyway, if i issue a command and once that has completed attempt to issue another there is no response to pressing the headset button. However, If i run the original Voice Dialer on the phone, regardless of whether i actually issue a command or not it seems to 'reset' the connection with the headset and I can then press the button on the headset and have Voice Command spring into life!

Wierd huh?