Active Sync in Windows Vista

Guest tpipe

• 2 weeks later...

nice, i´m also using 5270 and it doesn´t work for me. after connecting the phone doesn´t react to anything :)

syncing with wmp works tho

what devices are you guys working with??

Guest JamieDow

m500 and c500 both work fine for me. I have heard of this elsewhere, i'm not using USB 2 however, it's 1.1 so i'm not sure if that has any bearing on the situation.

Are there invites for the Vista Beta? What are the requirements to be on the Beta list?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey encece, im on the MSDN universal subscription so MS just send me loads of CD's every month with whats hot and whats not as sometimes is the case...

Guest jerzeef

i had indeed the same problem. i use a qtek8020 smartphone on windows vista built 5270, but i cant connect between vista and my smartphone. i also tried usb 1.1 and usb 2.0 but the result is the same, no connection

i had indeed the same problem. i use a qtek8020 smartphone on windows vista built 5270, but i cant connect between vista and my smartphone. i also tried usb 1.1 and usb 2.0 but the result is the same, no connection

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm not sure that Windows Vista is responisbile for not beeing able to connect.. You might want to take a look in your firewall and see there if the ActiveSync Service, Application, Connection Manager and Rapi Manager are allowed as exceptions on your network.. If you search this forum for ActiveSync you might find a solution for your problems.

One thing that bugs me about Activesync is you cannot have more than one Windows Mobile device plugged in and sync'ing at the same time. I have both an Axim x51v and QTEK 8310 and you can only sync one at a time.

Is this still the same for Vista? Has anyone tried this?

Guest jerzeef

i think i have the solution for my problem.

the windows device center is based on the latest active sync software. onley now its build in windows itself. i have a wm 2003se based phone, and whit this phone a can't sync with the latest active sync software. so if the software in windows vista is the same as active sync 4 its logical i can't sync with windows vista

• 2 years later...