Compatible wired headsets

Guest Gryphoon

Guest Gryphoon

Cool. Sorry if that's a dumb question, but does that mean it also works with the 8310? Are all the HTC Tornados, Faradays etc. the same in terms of headset connector?

Anyone with any feedback on the Jabras?

Thanks

Guest Disco Stu

You should wait for a better answer of course but I've used the same headphones in a C500, C550, C600 and an iMate Jam so I'd assume that HTC use the same standard 2.5mm socket for all their models.

Guest flywest
You should wait for a better answer of course but I've used the same headphones in a C500, C550, C600 and an iMate Jam so I'd assume that HTC use the same standard 2.5mm socket for all their models.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The Jabra wont work.

Jabra's website says it is compatible with the HTC 2125 (assuming this is cingular) so I would say it should work. They look smaller and better than what came in the box.

Guest Potatohead
the jabra will work

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The Jabra looks like a nice headset, wots the sound quality like?

If you dont mind unplugging to use the phone (no Mic Function) i use this adapter from expansys:

http://www.expansys.com/product.asp?code=119290

This means i can use my favorite proper headphones with my C600 & C500. Without worrying bout shorting across the Mic Pole.

Sound quality with c600 is awesome with a proper set of phones. :cheesy:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest finsmaniac02
The Jabra looks like a nice headset, wots the sound quality like?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I second that, does anyone know what the jabra's sound like? I would like to get a little more bass and range out of my music, and I like the gels that jabra uses, much more comfortable than what came with my phone. Any response greatly appreciated

Guest flywest
Has anyone tried the Shure i4c-t?  They have one jack for mic/speaker.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Has anyone tried the Jabra's? I plugged them into my phone at the store and only got my mp3 music to play out of one speaker. Nothing wrong with my phone it was the Jabra's. Tried everything becuase I really wanted them to work.

Guest pcarethers

The guy at the store told me the Jabra's wouldn't work. He said on all the phones he's seen, the music only plays out of one ear...So I'm still looking...Hopefully I can find a store that carries the Shure i4c-t to test.

Guest finsmaniac02
The guy at the store told me the Jabra's wouldn't work.  He said on all the phones he's seen, the music only plays out of one ear...So I'm still looking...Hopefully I can find a store that carries the Shure i4c-t to test.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

are those really a few hundred dollars?

Guest pcarethers
are those really a few hundred dollars?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yeah, but if they sound great, I'm willing to give it a try. I've found a site that sells them for approx 200 usd. I'd like to see if they work before I give it a shot, I checked a few places today, but they didn't have them. I have one more place to check-maybe in the next few days....

Guest finsmaniac02
yeah, but if they sound great, I'm willing to give it a try.  I've found a site that sells them for approx 200 usd.  I'd like to see if they work before I give it a shot, I checked a few places today, but they didn't have them.  I have one more place to check-maybe in the next few days....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

They would have to sound AMAZING for me to spend that kinda loot on them. I have my car stereo decked out, and my home surround sound system for sounding "great" lol.

Guest flywest
yeah, but if they sound great, I'm willing to give it a try.  I've found a site that sells them for approx 200 usd.  I'd like to see if they work before I give it a shot, I checked a few places today, but they didn't have them.  I have one more place to check-maybe in the next few days....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The problem I heard is they sound too good. You will hear all the imperefections in your music and phone player. Unless your music is running at a very good kbps.

Guest pcarethers
The problem I heard is they sound too good.  You will hear all the imperefections in your music and phone player.  Unless your music is running at a very good kbps.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, I did put a 2gb card in it....