MemMaid Vs. SKTools. Which is better?

Guest hydrashok

Guest hydrashok

Hello folks! I've been looking to buy a good memory and registry cleaner for my O2 XDA2i (PPC 2003SE Phone Edn). The "PowerClean" cleaner on the BatteryPack Pro I have on the device is a little too basic for the job. Both the MemMaid and SKTools software seem to be good. MemMaid is a little costlier, but does have a few more features. Have any of you folks bought either of these or considered either of these? Both software have received very good reviews. I'm very new to PPC devices (Just bought my first one a month ago), so I can't make out the benefits of the features too well. Could some of you folks with experience help out with some advice/comments? Thanks.

Guest Paul [MVP]

SKTools is brilliant, and a bargain too!

I highly recommend it...

When you upgrade to Windows Mobile 5 in the future, it's an essential purchase to uninstall apps that don't uninstall correctly!

P

Guest hydrashok

Thanks for the quick reply, Paul!

I bought SKTools today. I'd done some googling yesterday and came across a good article that affirmed what you'd said. In case you're interested to check it out, the URL is below:

http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/vie...ic.php?p=360617

According to the article, SKTools isn't exacly for the newbie, but I guess I pick up these things up fast. AND, SKTools seems to have a good Backup/Restore util, which is something I know to be worth a LOT, from experience. The fact that SKTools costs way lesser than MemMaid also helped :) Just installed it, and am playing around with it. The Registry section seems to be a little more complicated than I thot it to be to be, so I wont screw around in that area till I know more :D

Cheers!

• 3 weeks later...