Copilot 6 speech broken on QTEK 8080..

Guest darcy

Sadly I upgraded to Copilot 6 (from 5) and the speech has gone all fractured and annoying. Worked fine on 5 but Alk won't let me go back. They won't (can't) help, and kept giving me fixes for a Pocket PC.

Today I borrowed a spv c500 with wm5 loaded (don't ask) and Copilot works fine. I'd steal the phone but Activesync won't work on my company locked laptop, so I've gone back to the Qtek. (Works on home PC but I keep Outlook on the laptop.)

I tried a hard reset, and running the Greek fix (but not sure it took, how does one know? Got to tri-colour display & ran the .exe and got loads of ???**?!!!-type symbolism).

Still got the fractured speech. Tried a newer faster 1GB SD card, no change. Tried running off the SD and then the phone, still consistently bad.

Anyone else seen this or better, fixed it?

Cheers, :cry:

Sadly I upgraded to Copilot 6 (from 5) and the speech has gone all fractured and annoying. Worked fine on 5 but Alk won't let me go back. They won't (can't) help, and kept giving me fixes for a Pocket PC.

Today I borrowed a  spv c500 with wm5 loaded (don't ask) and Copilot works fine. I'd steal the phone but Activesync won't work on my company locked laptop, so I've gone back to the Qtek. (Works on home PC but I keep Outlook on the laptop.)

I tried a hard reset, and running the Greek fix (but not sure it took, how does one know? Got to tri-colour display & ran the .exe and got loads of ???**?!!!-type  symbolism).

Still got the fractured speech. Tried a newer  faster 1GB SD card, no change. Tried running off the SD and then the phone, still consistently bad.

Anyone else seen this or better, fixed it?

Cheers, :cry:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sorry for my stupid question but... what's copilot? :shock: Anywhere, try to force the update of your Qtek 8080... with greek fix. :)

Sorry for my stupid question but... what's copilot?  :shock:  Anywhere, try to force the update of your Qtek 8080... with greek fix.  :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Copilot is a GPS system for Smartphones & Pocket PCs. I hadn't heard of it either, it was a recommendation from a friend.

I don't know how to force the update - is there a description on MoDoCo? (Search isn't finding it.) I've put the Qtek into Red/Green/Blue then run the exe off the PC - I get an un-readable screen. Whether I leave it or click on the one clickable box nothing happens on the phone.

What am I doing wrong?

Copilot is a GPS system for Smartphones & Pocket PCs. I hadn't heard of it either, it was a recommendation from a friend. 

I don't know how to force the update - is there a description on MoDoCo? (Search isn't finding it.) I've put the Qtek into Red/Green/Blue then run the exe off the PC - I get an un-readable screen. Whether I leave it or click on the one clickable box nothing happens on the phone.

What am I doing wrong?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Simple man... :) Remove SD and SIM. Turn on the phone, wait until it says "No SIM etc". Put it into the cradle and wait while Active Sync connects the cell to the PC ( they are in standard o guest relationship ). Unpack the rom u want to update on a folder and inside the greek updater too. Close all other programs, launch greek, follow the "->" because all text is in greek ihihih. Wait while phone is upgrading... :twisted:

Simple man...  :)  Remove SD and SIM. Turn on the phone, wait until it says "No SIM etc". Put it into the cradle and wait while Active Sync connects the cell to the PC ( they are in standard o guest relationship ). Unpack the rom u want to update on a folder and inside the greek updater too. Close all other programs, launch greek, follow the "->" because all text is in greek ihihih. Wait while phone is upgrading...  :twisted:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Brilliant, many thanks. :D There must be money to be made from the service you guys provide, but how do you know all this stuff to begin with?

Cheers,

Brilliant, many thanks.    :)  There must be money to be made from the service you guys provide, but how do you know all this stuff to begin with?

Ye mine is the optimal solution because often when u try to update the E200, u can obtain an error "Not compatible rom" or "Bad rom model", Invalid ID Rom" etc. :oops: Even u upgrade to a right release! In this mode u bypass every check and update safetly! :D