Over Clocking Omap CPU 850

Guest netimpact

Guest netimpact

I have overclock from 180 to 240. Here is the result of running a same movie clip for the same amount of duration. The TCPMP display the clock speed of 225 instead of 240.

At 180 mhz

TCPMP Version 0.71 Benchmark Results

Average Speed 218.75%

Video Frames 268

Audio Samples 1824427

Amount of Data 627 KB

Bench. Time 0:18.911

Bench. Frame Rate 14.17

Bench. Sample Rate 96472

Bench. Data Rate 272 kbit/s

Original Time 0:41.370

Original Sample Rate 44100

Original Data Rate 124 kbit/s

URL \Storage Card\Movies\nero_A_235k.wmv

Size 83115583

Platform PocketPC

OS Version 5.01

OEM Info PM300

Clock speed 168 Mhz

Video output Raw FrameBuffer 240x320 16bits Lookup

Video zoom 320x180 -> 180x320

Audio output Wave Output 44100Hz 16Bits 2Ch.

At 240 mhz

TCPMP Version 0.71 Benchmark Results

Average Speed 295.40%

Video Frames 275

Audio Samples 1933491

Amount of Data 630 KB

Bench. Time 0:14.841

Bench. Frame Rate 18.53

Bench. Sample Rate 130276

Bench. Data Rate 348 kbit/s

Original Time 0:43.843

Original Sample Rate 44100

Original Data Rate 118 kbit/s

URL \Storage Card\Movies\nero_A_235k.wmv

Size 83115583

Platform PocketPC

OS Version 5.01

OEM Info PM300

Clock speed 225 Mhz

Video output Raw FrameBuffer 240x320 16bits Lookup

Video zoom 320x180 -> 180x320

Audio output Wave Output 44100Hz 16Bits 2Ch.

It shows that there is an improvement on the avarage speed.

Guest Paul [MVP]

Highlander I believe...

"I have something to say... it's better to burn out, than to fade away... there can be only one...."

Soundtrack by Queen, effectively all of the 'A Kind Of Magic' album, one track from which features the above quote.

Damn i'm full of useless information :)

P

I'm running at 240 all the time now, and it feels WAY faster!

P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey Paul , How did ya do that? Mine defaults back to 180 after time out :cry:

Guest kevinsephiroth

my C600 runs at 288Mghz.... after overclocking to 240 I add one by one measure and "change now" effect the clock before add more. like 240, 256, 265 etc (i don't remember exactly).

BUT

after 288 (300) it freezes. In apps emu like Pocket SNES it shut down the app after few min.

After stanby wakeup my clock returns to 180 (default)

I don't understand your "queue notify" or what.... what's that stuff?

• 2 weeks later...
my C600 runs at 288Mghz.... after overclocking to 240 I add one by one measure and "change now" effect the clock before add more. like 240, 256, 265 etc (i don't remember exactly).

BUT

after 288 (300) it freezes. In apps emu like Pocket SNES it shut down the app after few min.

After stanby wakeup my clock returns to 180 (default)

I don't understand your "queue notify" or what.... what's that stuff?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This is how you set it up to always run at the speed you want with the use of MemMaid:

Instructions for overclocking Wizard (tested on Imate K-JAM)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Instructions for overclocking Wizard (tested on Imate K-JAM). Use at your own risk!

1. Download the following file and unzip. Save the OmapClock.exe to your \Windows folder on your device: http://forum.xda-developers.com/download.php?id=9181

2. Open File Explorer on your device and open Omapclock.exe. Find the maximum speed that your device will handle without locking up. On each test, test all applications you use. This is important because once you place this in your startup, it will load up automatically and could cause your device to stop responding! 240Mhz works for me. Suspending the device at this point will cause the speed to be reset back to default. Execute Windows\OmapClock.exe again if this happens and you want to continue testing.

3. Download and install Resco File Explorer 2005: http://resco.net

4. Open Resco Explorer and go to the \Windows folder. Locate the OmapClock.exe file and hold the stylus on this file until menu pops. Choose “Copy”.

5. Now browse to \Windows\Startup then hold stylus in an empty area and when menu pops, choose paste shortcut.

6. Hold the stylus on the newly created OmapClock shortcut and choose Properties then click the Shortcut tab.

7. Target should be: “\Windows\OmapClock.exe” –clock 240

Change the 240 to the clock speed you tested in step 2 above.

8. Soft reset and test. Suspending the device will reset the device back to the default speed. This is a secondary test to make sure the device does not lock up!

9. Download and install DinarSoft MemMaid: http://www.handango.com/PlatformProd...23995&R=123995

10. Open MemMaid and choose the Notification queue button/tab on the bottom (second from left) then click the ADD button.

11. For Program, click the browse button and browse to the shortcut you created in steps 5-7. The location of the shortcut is \Windows\Startup.

12. From the event dropdown choose “The device woke up”.

13. Click Add.

14. Soft reset and you are done. The Clock speed will remain at the specified speed you specified in step 7 even when the device comes out of suspend.

Source: XDA-Developers

I've been overclocking mine to 252 for a week or so now, I've set it so I have a shortcut on teh Today screen, press it and clocks to 252 straight away, saves battery power etc, but even running it most of the time it doesnt seem to impact the battery life, not as much as wifi anyway!!!

Guest Tubbie_GL
I've been overclocking mine to 252 for a week or so now, I've set it so I have a shortcut on teh Today screen, press it and clocks to 252 straight away, saves battery power etc, but even running it most of the time it doesnt seem to impact the battery life, not as much as wifi anyway!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You guys wanting an around-the-clock overclocking, then this lead might be usefull, I have not tested it as I do not feel like overclocking just yet, wants to get more familiar with the device and it's performance before doing so.

From Xda-developers forum:

I'm using a SPV C500 and I have a method to the wake up change with xbar 2.6:

Create a macro loop_omap.xmc :

\Storage\Program Files\OmapClock\OmapClock.lnk^

xmacro=s60000

\Storage\Windows\StartUp\loop_omap.xmc

Put loop_omap.xmc in \Storage\Windows\StartUp\

At boot the macro starts.

s60000 means the macro will slepp 60 secondes before restarting.

Create a shortcut of OmapClock.exe, rename it Omapclock.lnk, edit and replace text with :

#57"\Storage\Program Files\OmapClock\Omapclock.exe -clock 216"

You can change the 216 value with another one.

Place Omapclock.exe in \Storage\Program Files\OmapClock\

Placer OmapClock.lnk in \Storage\Program Files\OmapClock\

Reboot and enjoy.

If you change the location files, just change them in Omapclock.lnk and loop_omap.xmc

I have attached the files Omapclock.lnk and loop_omap.xmc.

anyway check out the lead:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/viewtopic....p=231551#231551

Do have fun you all....

Tubbie

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jasonkneen

Guys/Gals,

Installed the new K-JAM Rom yesterday with Direct Push which is very nice and seems to improve performance anyway.

Also running Smartskey and Omapclock and running at 264mhz without a problem. If I up to 276 it crashes.

Jason

• 1 month later...
Guest ivanmmj
Guys/Gals,

Installed the new K-JAM Rom yesterday with Direct Push which is very nice and seems to improve performance anyway.

Also running Smartskey and Omapclock and running at 264mhz without a problem. If I up to 276 it crashes.

Jason

With my MDA (USA) I can get stable at 276, at 288 it seems to run stable and I even got GXMark to run, but later when I tried to go into it again (After having returned the speed to normal) it froze as I changed the speed. Anything higher automatically freezes. Does anyone know where GXMark stores its results?

Guest Tubbie_GL

Hi All,

Said earlier that I wanted to get a bit mor familiar with my device, I have used the past week or so testing the overclocking part of my device... and well it is great, especially for TCPMP and Powerpoint, i do run some rather large presentations and overclockign actually makes them acceptable on m device, not great but acceptable...

I do however use a bit different overclocking option than the rest of you as I do not want an around the clock overclock. Just when the performance is needed...

I altered the shortcuts to the programs I want to use in overclock mode, works like a dream...

Some people have had issues o icons changing to th OMAP icon, the string examplified below solves that problem...

64#"\Program Filles\OmapClock-v0.2\v02\OmapClock.exe" -clock 240 -launch "\Storage Card\Program Files\TCPMP\Player.exe" -restore?\Storage Card\Program Files\TCPMP\Player.exe,-0

Quite a mother to key in, but it works flawless, speeds up while working the app and slows down afterwards...

Tubbie