MS Voice Command 1.50 on C550

Guest awginger

Guest awginger

I've got an Orange c550 and am trying to install MS Voice Command 1.5 omy phone but when I am doing it I am getting an error saying that it is not for my device when Mickysoft's website clearly says that it is.

I managed to get hold of another copy and that one installs but when I select which memory to install it on it says it "Installtion failed. The program or setting cannot be installed because it does not have adequate system permissions".

Anyone else had this problem and/or know what is wrong???

Guest leoiden

theres a beta voice command for smartphone that a couple of modaco members got there hands on why don,t you members that have this beta appl for the smartphone share!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unless it is a public beta, which clearly it isn't otherwise we would all have it, it would be illegal and break forum rules.

'Bout time MS got their finger out and released it though.

Guest Disco Stu

There are various voice command softwares for Smartphones but I've not heard of any SP version of the one-and-only MS Voice Command; alpha, beta, schmeeta, whatever ! :D

MS said they were working on it but my gut feeling is that we won't see it until the Smartphone & Pocket PC platforms are combined. As Dr Who suggests, if it was real we'd have heard about it. Who were 'the couple of MoDaCo members' ? Name names ! :)

I've got an Orange c550 and am trying to install MS Voice Command 1.5 omy phone but when I am doing it I am getting an error saying that it is not for my device when Mickysoft's website clearly says that it is.

I managed to get hold of another copy and that one installs but when I select which memory to install it on it says it "Installtion failed. The program or setting cannot be installed because it does not have adequate system permissions".

Anyone else had this problem and/or know what is wrong???

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

My guess is that you need to 'application unlock' your spv

cya lmao

Guest pd.ryder

@awginger - what does this MS app do exactly?

I'm wondering why you want to install it on the 550 when the 550 has it's own ability to add voice tags to launch applications, initiate SMS, email etc.

Now if MS Voice Command does more than that...... :)

Guest Disco Stu

MS Voice Command will do a whole lot of things like;

1. Start anything that appears in your Start menu

2. Read out your next appointment

3. Read out your battery level

4. Display Contact details and obviously initiate calls

5. My favourite - if you tell it to "Play Kylie" it will fire up WMP and start playing your Kylie Minogue album 8)

Not having to get the stylus out to operate a PPC is great although this is not such an issue with Smartphones, where you use the keypad.

Guest awginger
@awginger - what does this MS app do exactly?

I'm wondering why you want to install it on the 550 when the 550 has it's own ability to add voice tags to launch applications, initiate SMS, email etc.

Now if MS Voice Command does more than that...... :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've now application unlocked my voice and got it installed!! YAY!!

With Voice Command you don't have to record any voice tags you can just speak at it straight away.

The next thing I want to do is get it so that I can press the button on my bluetooth car kit to initiate Voice Command. I've seen post on how to do it on other devices but not the 550, can anyone help out there??????