'Storage Card' is now 'Storage Card2'

Guest James

Guest nevawlkalone
last night my 'Storage Card' renamed itself to 'Storage Card2' and all my program shortcuts no longer work!!!! HELP! is there a reg setting to change it back... ?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

have you tried the whol (with card in) turn on, turn off(take card out) turn on, turn off (put card in) turn on?

This generally workes when my card messes up...which at the moment is frequent as i recently dropped my phone but thats by the by....

Or stick it in a crd reader and see what the name is there and try changing it!

Hope this helps

M

Guest Pondrew

I've had this issue. Not sure what caused it as it was a long time ago and never happened again BUT I do recall that there WAS still a folder called Storage Card albeit with just once folder in, and that contained the temp files from attachments received through Pocket Outlook. Maybe it's the 'Store attachments on storage card' option that causes it...

In my case I wanted to try a hard reset so just took the opportunity to do that...

Doubt it'll be an sd-card specific problem, more a device problem, hence renaming the sd card won't help.

Guest awarner [MVP]

I had this the other day on my Vario after installing some software, I can not remember the precise way I fixed this but I did remove the card and the rogue folder etc then soft reset and all was ok again.

I also have the Vario forgetting the card was in the phone and I have to eject and reinsert the card for it to be recognised again.

Guest Pondrew
I also have the Vario forgetting the card was in the phone and I have to eject and reinsert the card for it to be recognised again.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Now that's something I don't have and don't particularly want! Takes me back to the SPV E200 after the first update...

Guest fmcgirt
This generally happens after unlocking the EXT_ROM?

P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

How does one unlock the EXT ROM on the JAMin? I have tried the usual method with Total Commander and it foes not work for me.

Frank

Guest Pondrew

I take it it wasn't anything to do with storing email attachments on the storage card then? Was there a Storage Card folder left behind as well as the Storage Card2?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest murse
Had nothing to do with unlocking the extended rom for me. I had the problem after installing a new game.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I just ran into this problem with a new SDA after moving the mail and IE cache to the card. A good explanation of the problem is HERE

I renamed Storage Card to Storage Card3, restarted the phone and everything was fine. It will probably happen again until I get a faster card.

Guest Pondrew

Thanks for the link Murse. Interesting stuff. Does indeed seem directly linked to the os needing to store info on the storage card.

The explanation of the os being unable to access the storage card and so creating a section of storage memory with the same name to store its files seems logical. And consistent with an issue some peeps have had, myself included, whereby the storage card disappears for a (brief) time.