reminisce- where are those members now?

Guest benzo

I joined Modaco a while back, in fact around when it started when Paul was experimenting witn PHP and we were still actively posting messages in the microsoft message board.

Anyway, I was just wondering- where have these members who were once quite active gone?

Chewie

Fraser

Casper508

Big Ron

Madu

Emad

siu99spj

There was also this user who I think was from Paris- his avatar displayed an image of some cat that had its fur shaved except for its head- his name was like spvylch or something.

If any of you can remember a few others, feel free to list them.

Anyway, enough reminiscing for me.

Enjoy your sunday evening.

Guest Disco Stu

Big Ron got banned I believe, though it was before I was made a Mod so can't say why.

Fraser was here recently in the PPC sections.

siu99spj was at the Birmingham meet (member of my winning quiz team) and wrote an excellent video encoding guide but I think he went over to non-Windows phones and had to concentrate on his studies.

Guest Pondrew

Of course, Fraser is still a major contributor in the Blue Angel section.

Another hardcore member now focusing on Pocket PC... noticing a trend here people? :)

Sadly some members disapear or dont post , when i first started on modaco we had the norway member kjk whos as far as i know gone , and the big one i miss from modaco is midnight , used to enjoy chatting to him on the modaco chat ,

Guest awarner [MVP]

Chewie Left in the very early days.

Casper508 Not chatted to in a long while

Big Ron Not banned but asked for his account to be altered it's a long story

Madu still visits from time to time, spoke to him just before Christmas.

Emad Still about and posted today

siu99spj last posted 4th October 2005 and always liked the Mr Green :mrgreen:

And the cat member was Syvwlch

With his help we started the original Settings Repository.

av-3e3ebd263e6b257868236.jpg

Guest Jamma14

Yeh, it's sad to see members gradually fading away and not posting anymore. One's not mentioned so far but need mentioning:

What happened to Midnight, Richie M, roozbeh, crafty???

EDIT: Ooo Doc you just beat me to it! Yeah I believe he was the graphics guy, although I think he's given up on windows mobiles now, although he posted briefly in the psp section when it first started.

Edited by Jamma14

Hang on a minute, where have you been Benzo ?

That's not a good post count for such a longstanding member !  :)

What's your story ?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I would call myself a 'watcher'. I try to contribute when I have something meaningful. But I do pop my head up every so often.

It's strange to see Modaco evolve. When it first started up, it was very much a community and everyone knew each other. Off topic chat used to be the central hub. I now kind of look at Modaco as an organisation- a great one at that. But unavoidably, it has lost a little of that small community feel.

Guest awarner [MVP]

midnight started to get busy with work etc and so could not spend the time here that he used to.

Richie_M had PC problems which carried on for a long time.

Now for other members from the past.

In the very early says there was

Bazz

Firaas

HelloDave

MBoden (creator of the first Doom port) plus a few other apps.

midnight started to get busy with work etc and so could not spend the time here that he used to.

Now for other members from the past.

In the very early says there was

Bazz

Firaas

HelloDave

MBoden (creator of the first Doom port) plus a few other apps.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think there was also a Superking Dave- who I remember because when there was a big discussion on Iraq, he was pro-war and as a staunch anti-war person, that fact stuck in my mind.

There was also a Calisto- a Greek dude with a chilled out avatar.

And does Captain Janeway still frequent the board?

Guest Disco Stu

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've got both of those boxes ticked :evil:

Captain Janeway was here recently with an updated QVGA version of her West Ham skin (IIRC)

lol to walking down memory lane, Modaco has made me look busy at work for a number of years :)

Paul you should do a quick diary of events through the modaco years, cataloging the growth of the site and achievements, although I wouldn't blame you if you couldn't remember the dates of significant stuff. Even though been using the site for a number of years it doesn't feel all that long ago.

Would be good testament to all the hard work gone into the site (or sites as it should be now :) )

Be like a blog for the site, don't forget to include the day you had your wee burn as well.

Guest spacecowboy6982

Lol, those names did bring back alot of memories :!:

Well, since I got my C600 last week, I'm here to reunite witht he smartphone world once again !

I feel like a n00b again :oops: with all this formating here, registry this and that - im sure it wont take long for me to play catchup :)

Cool, was neat to be mentioned, kinda a pat on the back. Or a suggestion that I spent too much time here. :)

Yah, I'm mostly in the Pocket PC section just now. But I have to admit, the reason I'm not here so much is because email notifications are broken. I get an update for every reply, not just "new ones since I last visted". My modaco mails get filtered into a different folder and to be honest I've stopped checking them now. Just poke my head in now and then. Shame, I'm sure I've missed a few followup questions and the like.

Does the board track "last logged in" time? You could find out who is active or not. I would not be surprised if board changes forced some folk to log in again, and they no longer had their password. I've abandoned a few accounts over the years due to that elsewhere. Slashdot did it last week and they post count was roughly half the previous week. So perhaps many are still here, with different usernames.