T-Mobile Web 'N Talk

Guest rockykabir

I would recommend looking at the Self Serve option which would safe £3 per month on Web'n'Walk 200 I think (so just £16/£35 per month).  Some risk that you might have to call the, but doing it from a landline bypasses the charges I believe.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm running with the self serve and you really never have to call them.

If you do need to speak to someone then you can email them in My T Mobile and they will call you back or sort it out on mail.

40Mb is plenty unless you download E mail attachments, just set it to donwload the text and then when your back on WiFi click the link in the mail and send/recieve again to get that essential / funny movie file :)

Leaving Messenger on all day takes around 200Kb as far as I can tell but as someone elsem metions it hammers the battery.

Guest rockykabir

I just spoke to T-Mobile. The guy was very helpful - makes a refreshing change from having to deal with the commission grabbing "3" helpline!

Apparently - unless I misheard - I was told that I cannot start another contract without finishing my U-Fix tariff. The thing is, I don't really want to keep that number as I want to transfer another number from a virgin sim card. Maybe he thought I wanted to keep the number?

Outta interest, has anyone got more than one T-Mobile contract?

To pay the rest of the U-Fix off will cost me £21.80 anyway. But I might as well just give that sim card to someone to use (or I might use the off peak minutes anyway) and get started on this Web N Walk contract.

Also, the pay upfront deal. The guy explained about how it works with the 12 month deal but he was unable to explain the system with 18 month contracts. Anyone have any ideas?

Guest Pondrew
Outta interest, has anyone got more than one T-Mobile contract?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Two contracts here. Already had a Relax 200 contract which was 12months into the 18month term when Web N Walk with 12months half price came out. Couldn't resist and I've now got one Web N Walk 100 account and one Relax account, both of which I use to the full (well, the minutes anyway, haven't got near using the 40meg in a month yet!).

Best thing is there's no charge on the Relax account for calling customer service so I don't need to worry about the self service 50p a minute charge on the Web N Walk plan.

Guest orangezorki

Has anyone had a problem with myTmobile showing an incorrect remaining Data allowance. I think they must have set up my account incorrectly, as for every 1k that I use, about 10 gets deducted from my remaining allowance. - Really irritating as I don't know when I'll get charged for extra usage. (EDIT: It seems like it's only the remaining allowance indicator that's gone wrong - my last bill which ends recently shows the correct usage) Any suggestions?

Edited by orangezorki

Guest adudley

just for your infomation, about usage, my vario says its downloading aroung 500k for just the My Ebay page, thats half a MB.

Also, I'm on the self service, then just call the INTERNATIONAL number from your phone, bypases the extra cost perfect, I've called a couple of times, just to chnage my number and add a bundle (the website was down)

but after that, u dont need to call them, how good is tmobile's website compared to orange hey? its amazing, you can see your recent calls and everything, its gr8

Guest mr_naughty
Also, I'm on the self service, then just call the INTERNATIONAL number from your phone, bypases the extra cost perfect, I've called a couple of times, just to chnage my number and add a bundle (the website was down)

Thanks for the tip!

Have just checked T-Mobile's site for a friend who's going to get a vario. The prices have definitely gone up - Web&Walk400 is now selling for 41.25 per month for 18 months - this costs £82 more than the "12 months half price" deals that were possible recently. Ouch!

Guest adudley

Your right, I got the webnwalk 200 (18month) for a hundred poound cheaper than what they are doing now. look

Current deal, 25% off for life: 28.5*18=£513

Old Deal, 12Months at %50, 6 at 100%, then %50 for life: 16.50*12+35*6=£408

I just done the 18months, coz the way HTC are brining out new phones, I'm gonna want one!!

Guest Swampie
Your right, I got the webnwalk 200 (18month) for a hundred poound cheaper than what they are doing now. look

Current deal, 25% off for life: 28.5*18=£513

Old Deal, 12Months at %50, 6 at 100%, then %50 for life: 16.50*12+35*6=£408

I just done the 18months, coz the way HTC are brining out new phones, I'm gonna want one!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

However - you've got to realise that the 25% off for life is for life. The previous 50% for 12 months then 50% for life was UNTIL you upgrade. Once you upgrade you lost your discount. You now get 25% off AND can upgrade after 18 months as normal and not lose your discount.

D

Guest adudley
However - you've got to realise that the 25% off for life is for life.  The previous 50% for 12 months then 50% for life was UNTIL you upgrade.  Once you upgrade you lost your discount.  You now get 25% off AND can upgrade after 18 months as normal and not lose your discount.

D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And the chances of staying on the same contract with the same company??? next to nill for me, after switching from orange, I started to wonder why i didnt switch sooner... so I'll be looking around after my 18 months anyway!

Guest CupidStunt

If you are going to hammer your allowance for one day - get the vario unlocked and shove in an Orange PAYG sim. Then you can pay one pound for unlimited access until midnight that night. So you see Orange does have a purpose after all!

Most people who are going to use a lot only do it on days they are away from their PC, so it is not a daily thing.

You can also get a 'wind' sim from italy that (unbelievably) chares 20 euro for a gig access in italy - but more importantly 200 meg access while roaming (including 3G) - so once I manage to have one delivered i will post more.

Guest adudley
You can also get a 'wind' sim from italy that (unbelievably) chares 20 euro for a gig access in italy - but more importantly 200 meg access while roaming (including 3G) - so once I manage to have one delivered i will post more.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yes you MUST keep us updated on that one, that sounds amazing

Guest orangezorki
...shove in an Orange PAYG sim. Then you can pay one pound for unlimited access until midnight that night.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Where did you see that - looking on orange.co.uk, the PAYG GPRS rates at at least 1 pound per Mb?

David

Guest rockykabir
And the chances of staying on the same contract with the same company??? next to nill for me, after switching from orange, I started to wonder why i didnt switch sooner... so I'll be looking around after my 18 months anyway!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

On Orange Extras (for PAYG) you can order unlimited GPRS until midnight of that day for £1

Guest rockykabir

Well now that T-Mobile is bringing out the unlimited GPRS plan, I guess bandwidth won't be much of a worry then ;)

For anyone with the Wizard at the moment, how long does it go on for if you leave it on all day? (and how bout maybe with 30-50 mins talktime as well?)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest gavinlilley

My contract ends soon and Im looking at getting a Vario and have the choice of...

Web N Walk 200 with a free phone costing £28.50 per month.

or

Flext 30 with a £10 costing £22.50,

add £7.50 / month for unlimited data. total of £30 a month.

For an extra £1.50 I seem to get lots of free texts plus unlimited data. (Even though I have wireless connections at home and work)

Do t-mobile drop the prices if you ask nicely? Is it better to call up or go into the store?