• 1 posts

File Name: Tornado PowerControl
File Submitter: merwin
File Submitted: 1 Mar 2006
File Updated: 4 Aug 2006
File Category: Utilities - Phone Management

Tornado PowerControl 2.0 Beta 4
�2006 Jurasa LLC

According to the manual, CPU speed is changed twice when you select a speed. First, it is changed to 180MHz, then it is changed to whatever is selected. And more the CPU is switched between 116 MHz, 180 MHz, and 228 MHz based on an algorithm. Actually, are these fixed core hard builded values or are they copied from "CPUSpeed", "CPUAuto1", "CPUAuto2" and "CPUAuto3" values in the registry? For example, if I change the values to 132, 120, 132, 145 and the "CPUAutomatic" registry key to "True" before running the program the first time after installation, do these will be the values ?

Edited by shashaho, 20 January 2008 - 08:09 AM.

humpda

humpda

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I have a htc typhoon (sp3) running wm6...will this program work ok with type of phone? What are safe speeds people running at? Thanks

According to the manual, CPU speed is changed twice when you select a speed. First, it is changed to 180MHz, then it is changed to whatever is selected. And more the CPU is switched between 116 MHz, 180 MHz, and 228 MHz based on an algorithm. Actually, are these fixed core hard builded values or are they copied from "CPUSpeed", "CPUAuto1", "CPUAuto2" and "CPUAuto3" values in the registry? For example, if I change the values to 132, 120, 132, 145 and the "CPUAutomatic" registry key to "True" before running the program the first time after installation, do these will be the values ?

Edited by humpda, 30 January 2008 - 09:59 AM.

uansari1

uansari1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

I actually created a shortcut with the command line options I want in my startup menu -- I used the "load" program listed elsewhere in this thread. Yet, when I went into task manager, I still see it there despite using all the hide tags. I'm concerned I might be running two copies of this. Is there another place it loads the powercontrol software on startup automatically. In other words, by putting it in my startup group, did I double the loading? I wouldn't expect to see it in task manager at all. Here's my shortcut as it appears in my startup group (I didn't mod the Power On, etc shortcuts in the Program folder, they are all blank).

73#"\Storage Card\Program Files\load.exe" -hide "\Storage Card\Program Files\TornadoPowerControl\TornadoPowerControl.exe" bright hide

I'm using this on a Samsung Blackjack by the way -- The dim function crashes the phone (black screen and no functionality) but using the overclocking stuff seems to work just fine on auto.

B.

Back from the dead... new member here. Has anyone found a fix for this issue? I can't get Tornado PowerControl to load in the background with load.exe on startup either, unless I run the .lnk manually.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users