Qtek ROM Updates

Guest chickyd

Guest chickyd

Anyone know where I can get updates for my qtek 9100? When i go to the support site and type in my IMEi number it sends me to http://www.teleservice.com ... this place doesn't point ot how to pick up a rom update...

anyone know what I'm talking about?

Cheers...

Guest Rob.P

I did the same, went to the Qtek Corp website and entered my IMEI number, it reffered me to the same site. It also said the same when I tried to register with the myqtek site, said it would only accept an IMEI number from an original brightpoint product. Which I take it means that any support for my Qtek I'll have to go through the company I bought it from which was "buymobilephones".

I've emailed the teleservice company to find out what the score is in relation to updates and why we are being reffered to them, seems pretty obvious but I'd rather hear from the horses mouth. I'll post the reply (if I get one) in this thread.

Bit of a pain cause no doubt I'll have to keep emailing them to find out when/if an update is available rather than just looking on the qtek site.

Guest tefal la
I did the same, went to the Qtek Corp website and entered my IMEI number, it reffered me to the same site.  It also said the same when I tried to register with the myqtek site, said it would only accept an IMEI number from an original brightpoint product.  Which I take it means that any support for my Qtek I'll have to go through the company I bought it from which was "buymobilephones".

I've emailed the teleservice company to find out what the score is in relation to updates and why we are being reffered to them, seems pretty obvious but I'd rather hear from the horses mouth.  I'll post the reply (if I get one) in this thread.

Bit of a pain cause no doubt I'll have to keep emailing them to find out when/if an update is available rather than just looking on the qtek site.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Will be interested hear what you find out, I am in the same boat.

Guest Metoo

The reason you can't find any updates is because none have been released by QTek. I-Mate have only just released the AKU2 update for their devices. O2 and QTek will no doubt follow soon. It is possible to use the I-Mate ROM on the Qtek, but this will invalidate your warranty. Lots of info on xda-developers.com.

Guest awarner [MVP]
Im in the same boat as well. Im gonna hit up google for a bit and see what turns up. I'll post back here if i find anything.

Don't forget we only links to Official and publically available ROM sources.

With Qteks latest stance on their ROMs only they host their ROMs and you have to join their site. IT will be interesting to see if their resellers start to host ROMs.

Guest Rob.P
IT will be interesting to see if their resellers start to host ROMs....

Aye, this is what worries me, due to the consistent lack of service by companies in this country, I can just see me constantly emailing my supplier of the the qtek handset asking when they will provide me with the ROM (you know some numpty will probably suggest sending it by email).

I still haven't had any word from anyone at teleservice, I think I will email Qtek asking what the reason behind me not being able to join their site and bypass my supplier is.

Guest Metoo
Aye, this is what worries me, due to the consistent lack of service by companies in this country, I can just see me constantly emailing my supplier of the the qtek handset asking when they will provide me with the ROM (you know some numpty will probably suggest sending it by email).

I still haven't had any word from anyone at teleservice, I think I will email Qtek asking what the reason behind me not being able to join their site and bypass my supplier is.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Qtek.se have released the official AKU2 update today, also available on myqtek.com (if you have the right IMIE) so no doubt it'll trickle down to the resellers soon. If you're in a rush, you can find it on the place I mentioned earlier.

Guest Jimax
Qtek.se have released the official AKU2 update today, also available on myqtek.com (if you have the right IMIE) so no doubt it'll trickle down to the resellers soon. If you're in a rush, you can find it on the place I mentioned earlier.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

OK, so I've downloaded the ROM. What do I need to do to install it? Also, I assume a backup of my device is necessary? Will it remove any installed apps such as SPB Pocket Plus?

is it just me or does the battery meter stick at 100% with this latest rom ?

apart from that, everything seems much faster. i even managed to get bluetooth to work with my laptop for the first time. :-)

Guest chickyd

I'm getting some serious rage about this now. Got my phone from phones2udirect and have no idea where I can get an official copy of this ROM. Can't be bothered with the hassel of finding an imate rom and tryiing to flash it and don't see why I have to..

If you guys hear from telepiss "teleservice" can you post the info.

Cheers!

Guest steve_smith
is it just me or does the battery meter stick at 100% with this latest rom ?

You're not alone... I'm finding this with the latest i-Mate ROM. Phone has been on all day (with push email enabled) and it still says 100%. Maybe it drops in large blocks now? (25% at a time?).

Guest steve_smith
You're not alone... I'm finding this with the latest i-Mate ROM.  Phone has been on all day (with push email enabled) and it still says 100%.  Maybe it drops in large blocks now? (25% at a time?).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

OK, replying to my own post... battery has now run down a bit, so the battery meter is definitely working for me. I think it's just the fact that the new ROM makes the device a lot more efficient on power usage than the old one ;)

i hope so - i have it in my cradle all day at work.

so far, it's sitting at 100% when i leave work and is still at 100% when i get into work the next day. :-)

aside from the (handy) clock being replaced by the (useless) battery on the today screen, everything else seems great.

Guest Jimax

so far, it's sitting at 100% when i leave work and is still at 100% when i get into work the next day. :-)

aside from the (handy) clock being replaced by the (useless) battery on the today screen, everything else seems great.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, I am pleasantly surprised by my battery life so far today. I installed the ROM update yesterday. The phone came off the charger at 0800 this morning. I've made about an hour and ten minutes worth of phone calls, I've had GPS turned on all day, bluetooth paired to my BT headset, sent/received a number of SMS messages, and replied to a number of Outlook emails.

The time now is 1445 and I still have 76% of my battery life remaining. On my old ROM, my battery would have been at least to 50% by now. This is a nice upgrade so far.

Guest chickyd

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, I am pleasantly surprised by my battery life so far today.  I installed the ROM update yesterday.  The phone came off the charger at 0800 this morning.  I've made about an hour and ten minutes worth of phone calls, I've had GPS turned on all day, bluetooth paired to my BT headset, sent/received a number of SMS messages, and replied to a number of Outlook emails.

The time now is 1445 and I still have 76% of my battery life remaining.  On my old ROM, my battery would have been at least to 50% by now.  This is a nice upgrade so far.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Where are you guys getting your roms from? Are they official? If so where did you buy your phone - is it Brightpoint?

So many questions....

Guest awarner [MVP]

Guys read the first page before posting.

You can only get the ROM officially from Qtek other links WILL be removed without warning.

Guest Exodia

As far as i can tell, Qtek has no official link for those who didnt purchase the phone directly from them. They tell you see your dealer, but they may not get it for some time or even provide roms for upgrade at all. For folks like me, that leaves no way to get new roms but through unofficial sources.

So, i know we cant post any unofficial rom links, but can provide them through modacos mail so we can help each other out?

Guest Metoo
,Mar 19 2006, 19:47]Guys read the first page before posting.

You can only get the ROM officially from Qtek other links WILL be removed without warning.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Actually if you read the first page again you will see that you CANNOT get the ROM officially from Qtek. They do not have any direct web presence, and devolve all responsibility to the distributers/resellers to make upgrades available as they see fit. None of the UK outlets are supplying it. Buymobilephones have no support or download section at all. Smartdevicesdirect, who brand themselves as the #1 UK Qtek source (www.qtekuk.com) only offer the outdated AKU1 v1060701 in their forums. But even they claim "that all firmware upgrades are done at the users own risk and will not be covered under warranty!!" What BS. If it's an official QTek release, surely its use should be supported by the manufacturer and their agents?

So UK buyers have to find alternatives. The UK resellers either don't supply the upgrade, or offer outdated versions, which they then claim will invalidate your warranty.

Irrespective of where it is hosted, be it a mobile phone bucket shop, or a respected xda developers site, the ROM file itself is an official release, not one that has been cracked, modified or prematurely leaked. And I'd rather obtain it from the latter place, where bugs are openly discussed, and you will get lots of support if things go wrong, than a discount shop where support is a dirty word to be avoided at all costs.

Still, rules are rules. So no links. Just make sure you get the correct, official, file -

186504-ruu_9100_2170702_21707102_20710_qtek_wwe_ship.exe

Edited by Metoo

Guest Rob.P

I have now emailed Qtek and teleservice, still no reply from either.

Does this bother anyone else or am I the only one? Qtek is a subsidary of HTC, so basically it's HTC's way of selling their own devices without the need for an operator, they have 2 websites, one is Qtekcorp and the other is Brightpoint's Qtek.nu, both seem to fry the same eggs, just in different pans :?:

Now as an owner of Qtek I'd like to go to one site and be able to access support info for my device as issued by the company that has stamped the badge on the front. I don't want to find out that I have to go through the retail company, who in turn will go to a service company (teleservice, who have no UK office, where as Qtek have just opened one in the UK), who then depending on the reason will go to or recieve info/upgrades, etc from Qtek.

So again, am I the only one that thinks it's completey insane that I have to go through at least 2 companies to get to the company that has badged the device (and to a certain extent made it, albeit indirectly).

(Can you tell I'm slightly narked about this ;), my next device will be HTC but definately not with a Qtek badge on)

Edited by Rob.P

Guest jonhitch

You still have the Qtek badge on the front? Mine rubbed off months ago! Their customer service seems to be the same - 'non existant'.

Admittedly I'm not too bothered at the moment as my unit is working very well. I think Qtek were wise not to add too many additional start up files and other extras.

Jon

Now as an owner of Qtek I'd like to go to one site and be able to access support info for my device as issued by the company that has stamped the badge on the front.  I don't want to find out that I have to go through the retail company, who in turn will go to a service company (teleservice, who have no UK office, where as Qtek have just opened one in the UK), who then depending on the reason will go to or recieve info/upgrades, etc from Qtek.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Guest chickyd

folks,

a week ago when I started this post I had serious rage. it's absolutely ridiculous that we've been dingyed by qtek in favour of some non specific service company.

I was properly reluctant to put anything on my 9100 that wasn't official but I was wrong.

i highly recommend anyone out there that doesn't have the new rom to get on it. google it. spend some time looking for the file mentioned above and put it on... there's one place you'll find it first!

dingy offical release, dingy qtek... get on it... and the rage will pass!