How to make a cab file for Smart Phone

Guest mym786

Guest gpcarreon (MVP)
ok cool let me give it a whirl...thanks a lot

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No probs. You can just add the previous codes I've mentioned. It works on my phone. I hope it'll work on yours.

Guest jenya

What if I was to create a INF file since I want to move a few files over to the device as well as change the registry. Is there a certain syntax to remove a registry key for the INF file? Or do I just modify the _setup.xml after I create the cab using cabwiz and insert the stuff you pasted above?

Cool it worked as an xml file... thanks a lot...

Edited by jenya

Guest gpcarreon (MVP)
Can you force the device to reboot within the xml file?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have seen a couple of CAB files able to reboot device after a successful installation. I think they do it by incorporating setup dlls on the CAB. I just don't know how to do device reboot via XML. Sorry I can't help much regarding this topic.

Guest gpcarreon (MVP)
awesome... thanks for the link... you have been a great help...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Happy to help. ;)

If you have extra time, you can check this for additional info: http://www.gpcarreon.com/?p=330 . What I understand about cab making, I mentioned in that blog entry (minus the xml stuffs we have just discussed).

Time for a nap now. It is almost 4am in the Philippines, Good Friday. I will watch this thread and see if I can offer help. Good morning world.