• Please log in to reply
515 replies to this topic

éron

éron

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
  • Devices:spv c600
BUT !: make sure you have "Transparency Effects " Enabled , some levels require it . The Text is big and readable .

DAMNED !
why isnt it enabled by default ??
this explains certainly why the games I tried didn't work....

I have to retry with this option enabled (didn't actually know it existed...)

éron

éron

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
caution ! this topic is being updated regularly by myself (I write all my ideas when i have them... otherwies i would forget them...)

I tested PocketSnes 1.52 emulator...

1)
info message for gsgetfile :L

2)
when I'm doing load rom
it goes at the beginning of the phone :
the first time (for luck only the first time), i have to go to storage card -> program files -> snes -> roms directory
problem : the roms dir is the only one dir in my snes dir, so that my explorer can't open it (strange behavior of my c600 explorer)
(it's the same problem if I only have one rom... but this is not the case :))

Posted Image
solution : i have to create a second dir in my snes dir... and it works
Posted Image

a) why not create a "default directory" called "\PocketSNes directory\roms" ?

B) make file association (unzipped files only ;) )

3) my working roms : (the sound works !!! but really slows down the game, even with overclocking...)
- puzzle bobble jap version only ;) but really slow at 180 MHz, almost playable at 288 MHz (thx to OMapClock and auto frameskip :(
- seiken desetsu 3
- arkanoid ! great game, easy to manipulate

4) my non working roms :
- super mario kart : great speed ! but all my players (all sprites in fact) are in one : mine in the middle of the screen... not good...
Posted Image
- final fantasy 6 : the ground isn't beautiful :(
Posted Image

5) by default my c600 can't exit the game : the keys isn't configured for this phone!
I had to make a hard reset of the c600...
solution : automatically load at the first load the (very well done :) ! ) page of key configuration

6) display settings : enable by default the transparency effects and the backlight always on

7) for a game like arkanoid, it would be great that each game has its own key config...
would it be possible to create a key config per game ? if no key config, the config by default, and when a key config is made and a game is loaded, something which says : would you like to save this key config only for this game
arkanoid is a wonderful game but needs its own key config (and with file association, it would be perfect :) )

see ya :)

Edited by éron, 19 March 2006 - 08:32 PM.

MTroni

MTroni

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
  • Devices:SPV C500, MDA Vario
Wjhy are people asking if I zipped or gzipped the roms?
My roms are unzipped and not working on c500 with this emu....
Are you proposing that I should zip them?

Sly123

Sly123

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Devices:Motorola MPx220
i have a mpx220 but the version on first page is not working on any rom. please help

masterall

masterall

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts
  • Devices:C500
@CharlyV
It hasn't finish yet, I am working on the GBA emulator yestoday. And a new plan for GBA emulator is drawed.

@éron
I guess peoples may like to use zipped roms, so I havn't plan to add file association option. Well, do you think it is quite necessary? Or maybe I will add it later.

@Niki_Virus
And Final Fantasy VI is worked great, that's my favorate game! With sound on and autoframeskip 5, it reach 30-40 fps.

Street Fighter II and many ACT game works fine with sound off.

@MTroni
Try using file name only with English letter, and free as much as possible memory before running the emulator.

@Sly123
What's the problem exactly? No select rom dialog appear or exit as soon as you select a rom?

éron

éron

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
well i don't care to compress my files with a mini sd card of 1 gigabyte

but i prefer to load the roms from my start menu --> that's why i prefer file association...

something is possible : file association with zip files renamed... i rename the zip file .sns for example, i open it with the emulator and it could work, and it would stay zipped ;)

what about the rest of my tests masterall ?

doudz

doudz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
I totally agree eron a renaming/associating would be perfect !!!!

I test chrono trigger, illusion of time, and secret of mana on my c600 and everything run smoooth... but in mario kart I had the same exp than you eron....

cheers

éron

éron

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
;)

kevinsephiroth

kevinsephiroth

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts
  • Devices:Asus P525,SPV C600,HTC S710
good job guy!
my tested roms and results:
Dragon Warrior VI: black screen at loading.
Final Fantasy III (USA= Final Fantasy VI in Europe): EXCELLENT! quite full speed at 240MghZ AND SOUND is good! BTW one of my favorite rpg!
Chrono Trigger: excellent speed, NO SOUND! damn
Mario Kart: same trouble with sprites of characters! NO SOUND!
and that's all i have tested though! ;)

EDIT: Dragon Quest VI is well working WITH SOUND! (thanks Terminal Traduction for the french hack!)

Edited by kevinsephiroth, 20 March 2006 - 09:52 PM.

éron

éron

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
i have the sound on mario kart but really slows down too much the game...

kevinsephiroth

kevinsephiroth

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts

i have the sound on mario kart but really slows down too much the game...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

edit: yes, just don't forget to unplug the usb cable, instead the sound is mute!
well NOW I CAN PLAY CHRONO TRIGGER WITH SOUND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks a lot!!!!!!!! ;) ;) :(

masterall

masterall

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts
@éron
Transparence is useful for some games, but decrease speed in some cases. So it is not enabled by default.

I havn't encounter the problem that cannot enter a single directory in somewhere or cannot open a single rom in the directory on my C500. Using up and down keys to select it and press ok will open it.

Renamed file association might be a good idea, since the emulator identify a zipped file by file header instead of file extension now.

éron

éron

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
great ;)

éron

éron

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

@éron
Transparence is useful for some games, but decrease speed in some cases. So it is not enabled by default.

disagree with you ;)
the most important is the rom compatibility, not the speed...
but you're the boss ;)

doudz

doudz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
MASterall, I was asking me why the sound wasn't working ... but I hadn't read good the first post....
now I made it work... BUT (cause there is always a BUT... lol) when I load a saved game (a state I save when the sound was off) it seems the sound not works....

Niki_Virus

Niki_Virus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Devices:MPX 200
I agree with éron , I also think that Transparency Effects should be enabled by default , and thats because sometimes you dont know if the game needs it .

When I was playing FF2 , I entered the Mist Cave , and what ? the whole screen was white , first i tought its supposed to be like this ( "Mist Cave" , go figure ) , after like 10 minutes of blind walking i remembered about Transparency Effects thingy .

:\

Sly123

Sly123

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Devices:Motorola MPx220
in every game the screen freezes(black) and only camera helps + everything runs extremely slow till i shutdown snes.
old version worked but much too slow(useless).

Edited by Sly123, 21 March 2006 - 07:55 PM.

kevinsephiroth

kevinsephiroth

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts

MASterall, I was asking me why the sound wasn't working ... but I hadn't read good the first post....
now I made it work...  BUT (cause there is always a BUT... lol) when I load a saved game (a state I save when the sound was off) it seems the sound not works....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yes that's true. when you load a savestate where you were playing without soubd i believe there is no way to have sound!

worse: sometimes i try save then load but it doesn't load nor save anything! the screen of play still the same!

masterall

masterall

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts
OK, I will enable transparent as default setting. And compatibility is need to be improve, and the speed still my most important work. The object is to run smoothly with sound on.

The sound enable problem is in version below 1.52, try the newest version. It disable autoloading save state, so sound should be able to enable after you manully load the save state.

CoDaMo

CoDaMo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Devices:SPVC550
Dear master all.
i still dont understand your 1st post regarding on how to enable the sound, can you descript more specific??coz i am onfuse of turn it on and off but still dont get it, any way i am using the spv c550, i dont use the tgetfile.dll from your link instead i use it from the guy who send the pocketsnes 1.47 version, it's still the same right?

thanks alot for your help, all games work, but still no sound...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users