Eye On Thief for Smartphone

Guest gpcarreon (MVP)

Guest gpcarreon (MVP)

www.mycnknow.com has released Eye On Thief, a Smartphone program which will automatically send alarm SMS messages from a stolen phone (using the unauthorized SIM card) to your predefined recipient/s. 8)

eot4jd.gif

Features

- Auto Run: When Eye On Thief is enabled, after mobile Starts up, it will beep to show that the phone is currently under protection. Eye On Thief will not stay in memory, after detection it will exit automatically. Alarm message will be sent out after the set time if problem is detected.

- User-defined Option: The time to send out the alarm message after cell phone starts up, the frequency of sending and the SMS list could be user-defined.

- Support multiple SIM cards: Legal user can use several SIM cards in a same mobile phone.

- Password setting: It is used to set the administrator password in order to access the main interface.

Supported device:

SP2003 / WM2003 SE, WM5 Smartphones (PPC version is also available)

A trial version of the program is available at: http://www.mycnknow.com/LockAppen.htm

Guest rperalta

So if you put a SIM card from different carrier, it will trigger to send SMS?

Will it still send messages if the phone is unlocked to all carriers?

Thanks,

rperalta

Guest someone

Don't really know what's the power of this application. If your phone is stolen, alright you will notice it withing an hour normally. But for example your girlfriend getting an sms explaining her boyfriends (your) phone is stolen doen't add that much unless the sms contains info about the SIM card of the thief, so that the phone can be tracked.

Tracking a phone from which messages are sent isn't possible, is it?

Guest djfuego
+ a hard reset is gonna render this useless (I assume?)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Err.. good one ;) Assuming the theif is well versed in the technology then yeah this is pretty useless. But I have faith that the average theif isn't 'that' smart.

I'll just call orange and they'll bar the IME and post me a new phone. I've had a phone stollen before and it's just damned annoying.

Guest zjf1998
Don't really know what's the power of this application. If your phone is stolen, alright you will notice it withing an hour normally. But for example your girlfriend getting an sms explaining her boyfriends (your) phone is stolen doen't add that much unless the sms contains info about the SIM card of the thief, so that the phone can be tracked.

Tracking a phone from which messages are sent isn't possible, is it?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

the SMS will contains the information of phone number.

Guest zjf1998
+ a hard reset is gonna render this useless (I assume?)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So the best way is burning the application into ext_rom(Pocket PC Phone). I don't know whether the smartphone has same rom.

Guest gpcarreon (MVP)

In the Philippines, this app can be used in conjunction with Smart Telecom's WIS (locator) Service. You can set the app to text "WIS NAME TEMPMOBILENUMBER" to 288 making it possible for you to track the theif's location.

Guest Ingvarr

If your phone is stolen, law authorities can easely track it using IMEI number, without any need for such applications.

That assuming they would really want to track it down. If they would not, the program wouldnt be much help too.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest zjf1998
If your phone is stolen, law authorities can easely track it using IMEI number, without any need for such applications.

That assuming they would really want to track it down. If they would not, the program wouldnt be much help too.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think the we don't need policeman if law authorities can get everything down. Actually the program can help us more thread to track the mobile.

Edited by zjf1998

Guest castortroy
I think the we don't need policeman if law authorities can get everything down. Actually the program can help us more thread to track the mobile.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I Tried Eye on thief, but how do I remove it from my phone ...there is no uninstall option.

Castor

Guest frafabry

On my Qtek 8310 sort the following error message: "The mobile can't find the network or is at flight mode, please restart or cancel the flight mode".

I can't use the software. ;) Help me.

Guest zjf1998
On my Qtek 8310 sort the following error message: "The mobile can't find the network or is at flight mode, please restart or cancel the flight mode".

I can't use the software.  ;)  Help me.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If you device is 2002 or 2003, Please make sure that you install cert.cab at first. If your device is WM5.0, please unlock the device at first.

Thanks

Guest zjf1998
I Tried Eye on thief, but how do I remove it from my phone ...there is no uninstall option.

Castor

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Please remove the software from your device directly and remove the shortcut on the startup folder. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest G x 2

I can't use the software. :P Help me.

My device is 2003 (QTEK 8010) and i have the same problem ;)

• 1 month later...
Guest genaldar

Its supposed to text you with the phone number of the sim that was installed, but I couldn't get it to work. To try it out I took my buddies sim and put it in my phone while I put my sim in his phone. Waited 10 minutes, no text message.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest zjf1998

Where did you put the Eye on Thief, storage or storage card? If it is storage card, please move it to your storage and set auto run again. Note: it should do following step:

1. move the application the storage

2. run and uncheck the auto run, then exit.

3. run and check the auto run, then exit.

Another problem maybe is the phone number you set. Please replace the prefix "+" to "00" and try it again. Thanks.

Guest genaldar

I installed to phone (thinking that maybe a thief would sell the minisd and phone seperately).

To be honest I don't remember what prefix I used on the number, so I guess I'll try again with the 00.

Tried it again, this time I set the test contact (my number since I was just switching sims with my buddy again) and it worked fine. I have no idea why it didn't work before. Hell I probably just forgot to tick the auto run option.

Edited by genaldar

• 3 months later...
I installed to phone (thinking that maybe a thief would sell the minisd and phone seperately).

To be honest I don't remember what prefix I used on the number, so I guess I'll try again with the 00.

Tried it again, this time I set the test contact (my number since I was just switching sims with my buddy again) and it worked fine. I have no idea why it didn't work before. Hell I probably just forgot to tick the auto run option.

Please replace + with 00 and try it again.

Thanks.

Ultimate Theft alert 2.1 is application that does the thing with sending sms mesages. Me and a friend of mine tested it and i can say it works quite good and you really can track the thief.. 8)

I like the look of this especially still working after hard reset. What are the cons about sending someone your IMEI number (apart from cloning)?

Cheers

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.