New Qtek 8310 Rom

Guest Little Potato Head

Guest Little Potato Head

Just seen on Expansys a new rom that has appeared in the last 3 days. Has anyone tried ot out yet. Im downloading it now, and will update you when i have more info.

the download is labled 8310-wwe-1070_153126_010400.exe

Guest Little Potato Head
It would appear that this rom is Image version is 1.5.312.6

My 8310 is currently running 1.5.322.5

Unless im mistaken it is an earlier rom.

The current Imate is 1.5.333.0

I guess we will have to keep waiting.

Here is the link if you want to have a look

http://www.expansys.com/forumthread.asp?code=131266&thread=1

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I got it from Expansys about a 4 months ago. Came a Worldwide one. Manual is in Swedish i think.

Guest PeterG

The amazing thing is that it's really the first ROM that I hace seen specifically for the Qtek 83xx series.

I wonder how Expansys was able to get ahold of it and there has been no mention of it anywhere else.

Guest looeee
The amazing thing is that it's really the first ROM that I hace seen specifically for the Qtek 83xx series.

I wonder how Expansys was able to get ahold of it and there has been no mention of it anywhere else.

same here. and am surprided that expansys are the only distributor with a downloadable qtek rom

I have v1.5.322.5 on a 3month old 8310

looeee

Guest mirac
same here. and am surprided that expansys are the only distributor with a downloadable qtek rom

I have v1.5.322.5 on a 3month old 8310

looeee

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You can download 1.5.322.5 from www.qtek.nu,

webpage is in Swedish though.

Webpage also says 1.5.322.5 is supposed to be the same as the one shipped with the device.

Guest mirac
Mirac, please do not post direct links to roms as this is against the rules.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Didn't know qtek.nu was spreading illegal ROMs ?

Guest Pondrew

No direct links to any roms (legitimate or no) nor uploading of roms at all. You can link to official download sites or offical ftp download sites though...

Guest nastassja

so we can link to the official ftp site BUT not to the official ftp direct link to the official rom? how does that make any sense?

for what I can understand from this post from Paul:

"Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if:

- They link to illegal ROMs or sites hosting them

- They link to the GBA emulator or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)

- They link to other illegal content or sites hosting them (eg Smartphone ROMs, Illegal Smartphone games etc. etc.)"

Are then official roms illegal? If not, why is posting the official ftp site permited if they host the roms and that's not allowed by your rules?

I am sorry for the confusion, just want to understand it correcly.

Guest Pondrew

No probs.

We try to operate blanket rules BUT if an official link is publically accessible then we will allow the post...

...but for example if you have to register your imei to get the rom then a direct link is not allowed.

Does that make sense?

Guest awarner [MVP]

If the file in question is from an official source and also accessible without any registration process then it is ok to link.

For example you can not direct link to ROMs from clubimate site as you would be bypassing the clubimate registration process.

Quite why Imate do this and then make the IMate ftp free to the public is another matter.

As far as I am aware Qtek ftp is not available to the public and you have to register your imei on their site. Because of this Qtek ROMs will not be allowed.

Guest nastassja

i see, so if anonymous download of an official rom is permitted then we are allowed to post, but if you need to register you can't post the direct link (that could allow other users to get the rom without registering) but you can post the url to the registration page, for example.

thanks for the explanation

Guest capt_janeway

Don't you need to have bought your Qtek via them direct to get the update? So what happens to us poor smucks that bought ours via other dealers?

(or am I being blonde and got the wrong end of the stick?)

Guest kalas

I can't register at the qtek.se pages with my qtek 8310 IMEI. I was kicked off because of non-valid IMEI... What should I do? (I hope my IMEI is OK)

I would like to known, if there is reachable any european/world support for the qtek with official firmware download.

Guest namiran

there are many supplyers for qtek, one is brightpoint that handles the www.qtek.se site...but if your imei nr is not valid there, try another one of the suppliers at www.smartmobile.se , but there is no update available there right now