Operation from desktop keyboard and mouse?

Guest xspyda

Guest xspyda

For the Smartphone, there is an excellent app called 'True Connect' that allows full control of your phone from the desktop keyboard and mouse by simply moving your mouse cursor off the edge of the screen.

More details >> HERE <<

Is there an equivalent for the Wizard and such like?

Guest Madeye
For the Smartphone, there is an excellent app called 'True Connect' that allows full control of your phone from the desktop keyboard and mouse by simply moving your mouse cursor off the edge of the screen.

More details >> HERE <<

Is there an equivalent for the Wizard and such like?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have no idea about a true connect program for PPC but I know it's possible to connect a dinovo bluetooth keyboard to your wizard and type that way!

It's cool and may help someone! ;)

Guest Monolithix [MVP]
Is there any way to get activesync remote display working with the wizard?

Just copy the arm version of cerdisp.exe from the Dev Power Tools folder to your Wizard...

Guest xspyda

Cheers for the suggestions but I really am after a True Connect type app. Closest I have got so far is this app but it's a little clumsy and only gives keyboard input, no mouse.

Any other thoughts?

Cheers for the suggestions but I really am after a True Connect type app. Closest I have got so far is this app but it's a little clumsy and only gives keyboard input, no mouse.

Any other thoughts?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

According to their Website they are developing a version for us WM5 PPC users.

I asked about availability for the Wizard about a month ago, and they said it should be released in March '06.

I'm also eagerly awaiting it's release... sounds great.

Guest adchaffey

Any other thoughts?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Have you tried the active sync remote display. Not sure if it's exactly what you want but it is free! Comes from micrsosoft as an Xp power toy if i remember correctly.

Guest xspyda

Noo - Good to hear let's hope it's sometime soon then ...

adchaffey - yes I have looked at active sync remote display but it's not quite what I want. Have been looking for something that will let me control the PPC on the screen of the PPC (actually display a mouse pointer and enable me to input text using the desktop keyboard).

For anyone interested I have found another contender in the form of Desktop Rover. Not specifically for PPC but works just as well, thoughn there is a small licence charge.

As for Side Window Echilon, it's not quite what I wanted but had a go anyway as it sounds fun! Unable to get it to work though. Managed to get the splash screen on the PPC but then nothing. Anyone else got this working?

Guest adchaffey
adchaffey - yes I have looked at active sync remote display but it's not quite what I want. Have been looking for something that will let me control the PPC on the screen of the PPC (actually display a mouse pointer and enable me to input text using the desktop keyboard).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ah I see. You can use the keyboard to type messages on the PPC, but fair point about the mouse pointer. To be honest, I find the active sync remote display to be frustratingly slow anyways!

Guest M@rkC
For the Smartphone, there is an excellent app called 'True Connect' .........Is there an equivalent for the Wizard and such like?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh yes!!! You were one day too early with your question - the guys at Raspberry Software released a Technical Preview of TrueConnect 1.1 that has support for PPC and PPC/SmartPhone hybrids like the Wizard and the Universal....Here's what they had to say (this will probably appear in the news pages a little later, but you heard it here first ;) )

Hi,

I’m mailing you because you asked to be kept up to date with announcements for the release of True Connect version 1.1 which as well as SmartPhone support has additional support for Pocket PC devices and Pocket PC/SmartPhone hybrid devices.

I’m pleased to say that development is going well and we have on Monday 13th March released our ‘Technical Preview’ software for True Connect version 1.1. This software is being made available to all customers who, like you, expressed an interest in getting their hands on this latest development from Raspberry Software.

We are releasing this Technical Preview version specifically to gain feedback from customers that we feel are likely to provide useful information for us before we release the final version of True Connect 1.1 which will hopefully be towards the end of this month (March 2006). We feel it is very important that we gain as much ‘real world’ experience for True Connect before going to general release of the final version and that’s where you can help!

As ever with pre-release software, there are a few caveats. Whilst the Technical Preview is ‘feature complete’, the software is pre-release and whilst we have endeavored to remove as many bugs as possible up to this point, this is not the final release version and as such the quality testing cycle is not complete and there may still be issues within the software. All feedback should be sent to [email protected] and will be gratefully received. We will collate all feedback given up until the final release and give a FREE TRUE CONNECT LICENSE*1 to the best bug*2 that comes in!

When released, True Connect 1.1 will be a free upgrade to True Connect 1.0; however the Technical preview has a limited life span that will expire after April 7th 2006.

For more information on the Technical Preview release for True Connect version 1.1, please read the ‘Readme’ document that comes within the installation of the technical preview.

*Important* Upgrading from True Connect version 1.0 to either the Technical Preview or version 1.1 will cause your True Connect registration data to be overwritten. We had a small amount of feedback from the release of True connect version 1.1 that caused us to make changes to the way that registration is handled. Whilst we hope that the alterations to the registration process will be a great improvement to the overall user experience, it does mean that those customers who have purchased version 1.0 will have to re-register when the release version of True connect 1.1 is installed. We will send details to all customers who have purchased True Connect version 1.0 closer to the time of the release of True Connect version 1.1.

The Technical Preview software is available for download from the following link:

http://www.raspberrysoftware.com/downloads...connect11tp.exe

So - get your copy of TrueConnect v1.1 here >now!!!< and give it a go!!

Cheers,

Mark.

Mark, I can see you didn't read all your email, as I did:

STRICTLY PRIVATE AND CONFIDENTIAL. This email may contain confidential and proprietary material for the sole use of the intended recipients. Any review or distribution by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient please contact the sender and delete all copies.

Not sure they would have wanted you to post this publicly....

Guest M@rkC

STRICTLY PRIVATE AND CONFIDENTIAL. This email may contain confidential and proprietary material for the sole use of the intended recipients. Any review or distribution by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient please contact the sender and delete all copies.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Generally speaking, I'd agree with you BUT......that's a standard issue email disclaimer that serves as a "catch-all" should the brown stuff collide with the electric spinny thing.

So, let's clear this up........ "I, as the intended recipient of said email, did contact the sender of said email and ask his permission to post the message (obviously without the email address of the aforementioned sender - for privacy reasons - and the email disclaimer - since I wasn't emailing it, I was quoting it); this permission was duly granted and the pertinent parts of said email were posted as a quote attributed to Raspberry Software....not to me"

Nuff said.

Mark.

Guest Swampie

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I understand that legally, these disclaimers aren't worth anything.

For example, as the person receiving and reading the email - how are you to know who the intended recipient is? Surely, if you've received it, then you're the intended recipient. Anything else is mind-reading.

Other disclaimers say that unintended recipients cannot act on any information contained within the email, yet it then goes on to tell you to delete the email etc. Surely, deleting the email is acting on the contents of the email, thus causing a catch-22 situation. ;)

Same as "this email has been virus scanned by XXX". Viruses can and do put these messages onto their emails. It lures people into a false sense of security and therefore is pointless, in fact, worse than pointless - as people may open such emails thinking they're safe when they're not.

Guest Raspberry Software
"I, as the intended recipient of said email, did contact the sender of said email and ask his permission to post the message

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

He's right, Mark did mail and ask if it was OK to post these details!

Whilst the True connect 1.1 tech preview is 'lower key' that the 1.0 tech preview, it's still up there to generate FEEDBACK! we want to make the product the best it can be by listening to what you have to say about it!

All the best to those who try it and thanks for checking out our products!

Andy.

Generally speaking, I'd agree with you BUT......that's a standard issue email disclaimer that serves as a "catch-all" should the brown stuff collide with the electric spinny thing.

So, let's clear this up........  "I, as the intended recipient of said email, did contact the sender of said email and ask his permission to post the message (obviously without the email address of the aforementioned sender - for privacy reasons - and the email disclaimer - since I wasn't emailing it, I was quoting it); this permission was duly granted and the pertinent parts of said email were posted as a quote attributed to Raspberry Software....not to me"

Nuff said.

Mark.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And profuse apologies from me! :oops: Very sorry, Mark.

Back to True Connect, it's rather good!

Guest xspyda

Seen this before, although useful in some respects it's not what I was looking for as the control is carried out on the PC screen and not the device screen (as I specifically require).

Trueconnect is the ideal solution - great that they have released a preview of the PPC version - thanks for the info on that one M@rkC :)

Edited by xspyda