Not working

Guest roweski

Guest roweski

Hi guys i received a new c550 yesterday from orange, unlokced it etc but my t-mobile sim card would still not make any calls :s i used cert.cab to application unlock and regeditor and ran spvservices to unlock it. Still no joy. I tried my orange sim card and no dice with that, even though it worked perfectly fine on my nokia 6230!! My t-mobile sim wouldnt make or even receive calls!!!!! No signal - nothing!! When i ran g my t-mobile number when it was in the spv igot a service message - "the number you tried to ring is not accepting calls at the moment, please try again later" or similar. I mean what the feck! Can someone tell me what is going on??!! Cheers in advance - Cj

Guest RufusA

Might be worth while doing a hard reset, and then trying again (just in case you muellered something in the registry).

Did you test the phone *before* you made any modifications to it. It's always possible that the phone is simply faulty. Also worth while contacting Orange just in case they put a transit bar on the phone when they shipped it to you.

HTH - Rufus.

Guest fluffcat1

Hello,

does the IMEI of the phone match the IMEI of the box? Further to RufusA's post, vanilla handsets are 'dead' when orange ( or any service providor that distributes handsets) get them and the barcode IMEI's get batch scanned in to activate them onto the IMEI database - it's to cut down on batch theft from airports etc of bulk shipments in transit. If your IMEI doesn't match your phone won't have been activated, it's not like all IMEI's work until blocked, there are only certain IMEI prefixes and ranges that are 'official'. The IMEI range is allocated by the national body, issued to the manufacturer for a certain model type, then activated. They are not random numbers.

In the case of my c550, it scans as:

Mobile equipment brand / model 4P MDZ

GSM Implementation Phase 2/2+

IMEI range issued by British Approvals Board of Telecommunications (BABT)

Reporting Body location United Kingdom

Usually SPV's come up as o2 devices as they are the 'parent' device i.e usually the first out with a HTC design. No idea what 4P MDZ means.....

Richard

Guest roweski

Im going to check the imei's and if thats all good ill try a hard reset. Ill report back in a few mins ;) wish me luck! Cj

EDIT: well the imei numbers match, wel on the box and under the battery. Its still saying i have no service. Im now getting like a stop sign by the signal strength indicator. What going wrong :s Cj

Edited by roweski

Guest roweski

Hey guys, ive tried all that has been suggested except phoning orange, but i would like to sort it out without having to send my phone off for repairs! Please could someone suggest something to try?! This sort of stuff always happens to me :'( lol c'mon guys . . . Cj

Guest fluffcat1
Hey guys, ive tried all that has been suggested except phoning orange, but i would like to sort it out without having to send my phone off for repairs! Please could someone suggest something to try?! This sort of stuff always happens to me :'( lol c'mon guys . . . Cj

After a hard reset that's yer lot I'm afraid - you can't re-flash a rom as there isn't a full one available anywhere.

Does the phone read the sim contacts OK?

I'd get onto orange and demand a *new* replacement as you are within 14 days - none of this repair / refurb rubbish they will most likely try, else threaten to leave...

Richard

Guest roweski

Right guys (ang girls ;)) would i be able to take back the phone i bought online from orange to an orange (physical) store and get an immediate swap? Cheers i.a. Cj

Guest fluffcat1
Right guys (ang girls ;)) would i be able to take back the phone i bought online from orange to an orange (physical) store and get an immediate swap? Cheers i.a. Cj

No. I have tried previously, the excuse was online and retail are run as seperate companies so unless they feel like helping you out you need to call orange.

Richard

Guest roweski
you need to call orange.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The thing is i dont want to send it off and get a new one bak 2 weeks later? How did this work for you? Cheers for the quick reply - Cj

Edited by roweski

Guest fluffcat1
The thing is i dont want to send it off and get a new one bak 2 weeks later? How did this work for you? Cheers for the quick reply - Cj

That isn't how it works, there are many people who have described the warranty replacement procedure for c550 recently in this forum, why not do a search? Or failing that RING ORANGE.

Richard

Guest RufusA

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

FWIW the last 2 phones I've bought direct from Orange that are less than 6 months old and faulty have been very quickly swapped out. Typically a replacement phone is couried to be within 24 hours, and I hand them my old faulty one (minus sim card, battery, SD etc.). Deliveries can even be booked for evening (6-10PM). Excellent service IMHO.

It may be worth trying an Orange shop if you suspect it's a network / registration problem as the store has a direct phone num for Orange CS which won't waste your time / phone bull. However if it's a handset issue then it's Orange CS and a visit from the couriers for you.

HTH - Rufus.

Guest flyer80
FWIW the last 2 phones I've bought direct from Orange that are less than 6 months old and faulty have been very quickly swapped out. Typically a replacement phone is couried to be within 24 hours, and I hand them my old faulty one (minus sim card, battery, SD etc.). Deliveries can even be booked for evening (6-10PM). Excellent service IMHO.

It may be worth trying an Orange shop if you suspect it's a network / registration problem as the store has a direct phone num for Orange CS which won't waste your time / phone bull. However if it's a handset issue then it's Orange CS and a visit from the couriers for you.

HTH - Rufus.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This is my first post! - I don't mean to repeat what others said but I ordered a new PAYG C550 and it was delivered the other day. I put the supplied SIM card in and it said 'Denied'. That was the also the case though with my current Orange SIM which was the one I really wanted to use.

When I phoned the 0800 phone number on the invoice all they ask you is the IMEI number, the number on the new SIM card (which starts with 8 if I remember), and your details. They then assign a phone number to your new SIM. After that you wait about 10-20 minutes, reboot the phone and then it should work - if not you wait a bit longer. You should also get a text message saying 'your services have been updated please reboot'. (if not wait a bit longer). All of this is with the new SIM card in there.

When that is done your new SIM card has £1 credit. You can then either use this or ditch it and use your old one (or in your case your t-mobile one).

Hope that helps - hopefully it will be similiar if you're not on PAYG.

Guest roweski

Hi wel i've already rung orange on the 0800 number and i received the text messages on a different fone. What i mean by that is when i tried the sim in a different fone i could read the texts but when i put the sin the the c550 the fone didnt even register that there were any texts to view. Im geussing this is the fone's fault and not the network :s it wont even recognize my t-mobile sim either. Cheers guys - ill ring orange today and see what they say. Would they say if i could take it back to the store?

Cj

Guest flyer80
Hi wel i've already rung orange on the 0800 number and i received the text messages on a different fone. What i mean by that is when i tried the sim in a different fone i could read the texts but when i put the sin the the c550 the fone didnt even register that there were any texts to view. Im geussing this is the fone's fault and not the network :s it wont even recognize my t-mobile sim either. Cheers guys - ill ring orange today and see what they say. Would they say if i could take it back to the store?

Cj

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm not sure I'm afraid - this is the first mail order phone I bought - the only other orange phone I have bought was from a shop and it worked straight away. You could try a store but they might complain that you bought it online so it is nothing to do with them - I suppose there is no harm if you are passing one though.

One thing - does the phone come up 'Denied - searching'? This is what mine said before I called Orange. It was on the default orange layout screen (with the icons down the left hand side if that makes a difference). If yours says something else then maybe it could be a problem with the phone? I don't really know - I'll leave it to the others on here!

Guest roweski

Hi thanks, it does just say searching, but i think when i first got it it said denied . . . searching :s what does that mean. Also what does the stop sign by the signal bar mean? Cheers - Cj

Guest flyer80
Hi thanks, it does just say searching, but i think when i first got it it said denied  . . . searching :s what does that mean. Also what does the stop sign by the signal bar mean? Cheers - Cj

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

When I first got mine and it was locked (i.e. before I contacted orange and got it unlocked) it said 'Denied, searching'. I can't remeber the symbol next to the aerial logo then - possibly a stop sign.

But now its working, when I take it into a no service area like on the tube it just says 'Searching' with a stop sign by the aerial. Of course when I come back into a service area it goes back into a normal symbol with strength indicators and 'Orange' instead of 'Searching'. So maybe your phone does have a problem (faulty radio circuit or something?)

Guest RufusA
Hi thanks, it does just say searching, but i think when i first got it it said denied  . . . searching :s what does that mean. Also what does the stop sign by the signal bar mean? Cheers - Cj

I don't mean to be rude, but you have been posting on this subject for 3 days, and just about everyone has said - "phone Orange".

Have you phoned them yet? Whatever the problem, either network registration or handset, they are the best people to sort it out for you! IMHO you could have had a replacement phone by now and been using it for 2 days.

Rufus.

Guest roweski

I foned orange on thursday and they just told me to turn it on and off again *-s Reported back to them yesterday and they finally gave in and ive got a new fone coming today. So yesh i should have listened ;) Cheers for the help tho! And they said that i would be charged if everything which is not in the box when they collect it, including "acompnying documentation!" does this mean if i forget a leaflet they can charge me for it ^o) Cheers

Edited by roweski

Guest roweski

Guys, i asked for a saturday delivery but it came Sunday :s, but still much faster than i anticipated =) cheers for your support, everythings cool, now working perfectly etc

Cheers again - Cj