imate JAMin AKU2 update released!

Guest jimbouk

Guest jimbouk

Hot on the heels of the SP5 update, the AKU2 update for the imate JAMin, based on the HTC Prophet, is now available!

Currently uploaded only in WWE form, you can grab it from clubimate FTP site (it is yet to appear at https://www.clubimate.com/t-DEVICE_JAMIN_UPD.aspx.)

Once again, enjoy! ;)

[Edit by Paul [MVP]]

Edited by jimbouk

Guest rvacha
Hot on the heels of the SP5 update, the AKU2 update for the imate JAMin, based on the HTC Prophet, is now available!

Currently uploaded only in WWE form, you can grab it from clubimate FTP site (it is yet to appear at https://www.clubimate.com/t-DEVICE_JAMIN_UPD.aspx).

Once again, enjoy! ;)

[Edit by Paul [MVP]]

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It is now on https://www.clubimate.com/t-DEVICE_JAMIN_UPD.aspx

Ray

Guest chucky.egg

Downloading now... ooohhh!

Could this be the thing that gets my Dopod to work reliably? Can't make it much worse (he says, optimistically)

Guest chucky.egg

Does it fix it? Does it? Does it?

FWIW Dopod are now saying that their new ROM will be out "next month" (the shipped ROM link is broken, but I will get that in case I need to go back for any reason)

Guest chucky.egg

@Paul

How did you get the ROM update to install?

When I try to run the RUU on my Dopod 818 I get an error message saying:

ERROR 294L Invalid vender ID

This update Utility cannot be used for your PDA phone. Please check your update utility

I'm using the update:

JAMin_WWE_2130923_21309112_020720_ship

Guest Tubbie_GL

Well all,

have had this update running for a day and well it seems more reliable than any WM Rom I have ever seen, have not had one single "accidental" soft-reset yet. It seems snappier than the previous one as well

well, the stability issue remains to be seen, but so far it looks good.

Guess all there is to say is, wya to go i-mate:D

Ohh and by the way, Direct push works like a dream to me...

Guest chucky.egg

[bangs head on table]

I thought you had a Dopod

Crushed. Crushed I am, I tell you.

I've got a Wizard coming in a few days, so I'll probably dust off my C500 til then.

Guest chucky.egg

I've got to say that my first reaction was:

Eh? Lokiwiz? superCID?

Luckily Google was my friend

Anyway, YES!

It's updating now!

(trying not to get too excited because it has only got to 5%!)

Thanks

[edit]

Update complete!

I now have a JAMin... sort of

[/edit]

Edited by chucky.egg

Guest coolcatshaft

I applied this update yesterday and the device felt great, no more resets, feels quicker than before, definitely when changing input methods

BUT

this morning when trying to make a phonecall, i find my earpiece speaker is completely dead, checked incall volume, tried soft and hard resets, headphones work fine, speakerphone works fine, just no earpiece. now it might just be a coincidence that it malfunctioned at the same time, anyone else having similar problems?

Guest Tubbie_GL
I applied this update yesterday and the device felt great, no more resets, feels quicker than before, definitely when changing input methods

BUT

this morning when trying to make a phonecall, i find my earpiece speaker is completely dead, checked incall volume, tried soft and hard resets, headphones work fine, speakerphone works fine, just no earpiece. now it might just be a coincidence that it malfunctioned at the same time, anyone else having similar problems?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just checked works flawless on mine...

Tubbie

Guest jimbouk

So I put the rom on my jamin yesterday and the rom upgrade had a couple of quirks. It didn't install the orange UK contract settings cab properly (had to tweak the GPRS and no MMS account - which was a pain as I am currently trialling orange's new push email via MMS) and it kept bringing outlook back every five seconds whenever i tried to close it - meaning a soft reset.

I was away last night so lived with it for 24 hours.

Simply hard reset the device tonight when I got home and it is fine. Push email works a treat, GAL access works fine, opening messaging from the today screen is a joy (as it used to take about 3 seconds to respond - now its instantaneous), the apps and menus respond a lot quicker, the new com manager is neat and wireless comes up each and every time. Oh and the device hasn't forgotten its got an SD card in!

Biggest pain - push email only works over GPRS - so even when connected to wifi, it sends the data pulse via GPRS. Guess that was MS giving in to the networks...

PS re earpiece - seems that some reports are creeping in about Jamin's having the old Jam and C500 problem with the device thinking there's a headset plugged in when there isnt. Try carefully pushing the headset jack in and out a few times.

Edited by jimbouk

Guest nickcornaglia

I installed on my JAMin yesterday. Noticed the Battery meter is now in the top bar and not on the bottom tray on the screen. Unfortunately, this takes the time away from the today screen.

Is there any way to get the time back on the top bar?

• 2 months later...
Guest slinkey

but how do you get hold of this rom? you need their imei no. to get it off their website - any help would be greatly received--ANY help.

thanks guys

slinkey

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.