Motorola MPx220 Camera

Guest robertrules

Guest robertrules

hey everyone. i've got a motorola mpx220 and i've noticed that the camera picture quality is poor. i previously had a v635 and it was WAYYYY better than the mpx and i'm a person whose always using my camera. Does anyone know about any software out there for th mpx to get a better picture quality from the camera?

Guest Frizzante

Hi,

I've been asking almost the same question about a year ago... seems we both have the wrong mobile phone ;)

The only thin I noticed to get a little bit better pics was turnin on brightness and/or night mode.... of course you'll loose the possibility to take quick shots (but this anyway almost impossible with the mxp220...)

kr,

fritz

hey everyone. i've got a motorola mpx220 and i've noticed that the camera picture quality is poor. i previously had a v635 and it was WAYYYY better than the mpx and i'm a person whose always using my camera. Does anyone know about any software out there for th mpx to get a better picture quality from the camera?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

• 4 months later...
Guest l_sanchezv

I was looking for a different camera app to improve camera quality with no positive results, there is a software called cool camera from ateksoft but the latest version 1.14b2 is no working yet on mpx220 :D

Guest djarulakis
I was looking for a different camera app to improve camera quality with no positive results, there is a software called cool camera from ateksoft but the latest version 1.14b2 is no working yet on mpx220 :D

anoter thing about the camera.

you notice that when you take a picture un 640 x480 , the photo is save in less that a second , but when you take the same picture in 1280x768 , take 2 or 3 second in save the picture???

i read in one page that the mpx 220 have a 0.3 mp camera , no a 1.2 mp.

sory for my english but im spanish

Guest geoffrey118

The MPx220 has a 1.23 megapixel which in digital terminology is said to be 1.3 megapixel!! Anyway....It obviously takes more time to save a 1280 x 768 picture due to the size....just select a picture which you saved as 640 x 480 - press menu - press properties!! the size would be approximately 10 KB.

On the other hand....if you select a 1280 x 768 picture and press properties you'll notice a huge difference in memory taken - i.e. approx 110 KB

and that's why it takes a long time to send it!!

The MPx220 has a 1.23 megapixel which in digital terminology is said to be 1.3 megapixel!! Anyway....It obviously takes more time to save a 1280 x 768 picture due to the size....just select a picture which you saved as 640 x 480 - press menu - press properties!! the size would be approximately 10 KB.

On the other hand....if you select a 1280 x 768 picture and press properties you'll notice a huge difference in memory taken - i.e. approx 110 KB

and that's why it takes a long time to send it!!

Nah! there another prove that physicaly MPx220 have 0.3 megapixel camera - when you zooming pix from Mpx220 on PC you may notice that on 1280x768 pictures pixels are stretched, while on 640x480 pixctures they looks untouched. I noticed from the begining that 640x480 looks more closer to raw pictures, while higher resolution pictures looks like the pass posprocessing!

Guest TriAxis
Nah! there another prove that physicaly MPx220 have 0.3 megapixel camera - when you zooming pix from Mpx220 on PC you may notice that on 1280x768 pictures pixels are stretched, while on 640x480 pixctures they looks untouched. I noticed from the begining that 640x480 looks more closer to raw pictures, while higher resolution pictures looks like the pass posprocessing!

I'm not sure why everyone keeps referring to 1280x768. My MPx220 shows the highest option of 1280x960. Maybe its because I'm using an Asian ROM v3.46. Anyways if you are using 1280x768 that will explain the streching effect. 640 x 2 = 1280 and 480 x 2 = 960. So ideally 1280x960 would keep the proper ratio and doesn't look streched.

Supposedly the camera can support 1280x1024 (through a registry edit) and when you multiply that you get 1,310,720 which is where the 1.3 million pixels come from.

• 3 months later...
Guest dcyphyr
I'm not sure why everyone keeps referring to 1280x768. My MPx220 shows the highest option of 1280x960. Maybe its because I'm using an Asian ROM v3.46. Anyways if you are using 1280x768 that will explain the streching effect. 640 x 2 = 1280 and 480 x 2 = 960. So ideally 1280x960 would keep the proper ratio and doesn't look streched.

Supposedly the camera can support 1280x1024 (through a registry edit) and when you multiply that you get 1,310,720 which is where the 1.3 million pixels come from.

Hi, Any chance that anyone knows where that registry edit is? Or perhaps whether any of the registry tweak programs have it in them?

Also, if anyone knows where one of those elusive aftermarket camera app might be.....I'm all ears! :) Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest geoffrey118

Yeah....would like to hear that myself!!

My camera is excellent during the day....it's when there's lack of light that it eats dust from other mobile phones!!