O2 prep launch of Tornado based XDA IQ

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul [MVP]

O2 prep launch of Tornado based XDA IQ

We're just getting word in that O2 UK are preparing to launch the 'XDA IQ', a HTC Tornado based Smartphone identical to the QTek 8310 and the iMate SP5.

The device, which is set to ship with AKU2 already installed, will be offered as part of a forthcoming Push Email package.

WiFi will of course be included. ;)

Our sources tell us the device is intially priced at £100 on a Business connection / upgrade, no word on a consumer retail price as yet, but watch this space!

P

post-1-1143559065_thumb.jpg

Guest chucky.egg

AFAICT this will then be the ONLY WiFi enabled Smartphone on a UK network

Or do Vodafone still carry some? (I can't stand their online shop, so I never go there! :oops: )

Guest Paul [MVP]

Vodafone carry the Tornado too, as the v1240 (catchy! ;)), and also the Universal as the v1640, although they are business primarily rather than consumer handsets too.

v1240 - click here

P

SimpleGetFileServlet?dDocName=pc48159562&revisionselectionMethod=latestReleased&inline=0pc48159562

Guest med3d

Is there any way to buy the QTEK 8310 in Ireland and in a shop if possible not on interet?

How come the price is £170 in UK (= €250) whereas it's worth €500 in Belgium??

UK: http://online.vodafone.co.uk/dispatch/Port...ow&wt_oss=v1240

BE:

http://www.exell.be/C2S_Products/C2S_ProdD...UK&ref=M2742082

Is this really a real bargain or are there major downsides to buy it in UK?

Guest GreasyWeasel

You can already get the I-Mate SP5 free on a new contract on O2 and Vodafone here

I found this while looking for a place to get one, I haven't used them though since I ended up buying a sim free one off ebay.

Guest furby

Seen as we're talking about the V1240. I got mine from vodafone yesterday, for free and on the contract that is £16/month and 8 for the first 3. Such a bargin over the year (£168). I already have a vodafone contract but this was soo much cheaper than buying it offline.

Also I must say that the customer service was the best I've had for a long time. Having been with Orange for years it was incredibly good to have people genuinely trying to help me

Back more on Topic, good to see that the windows mobile devices are spreading

Guest shadamehr
Seen as we're talking about the V1240.  I got mine from vodafone yesterday, for free and on the contract that is £16/month and 8 for the first 3. Such a bargin over the year (£168). I already have a vodafone contract but this was soo much cheaper than buying it offline.

Also I must say that the customer service was the best I've had for a long time. Having been with Orange for years it was incredibly good to have people genuinely trying to help me

Back more on Topic, good to see that the windows mobile devices are spreading

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Can't find any contract like that on the Voda site...

A link would be useful mate...

Guest furby
Can't find any contract like that on the Voda site...

A link would be useful mate...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ye, wish I'd asked what the name of the contract was. Had been banded around the departments trying to find someone who could sell me it sim-free. I'll have a look and e-mail vodafone later.

Guest dearsina

T-Mobile: Flat fee GPRS

Voda: WiFi

O2: WiFi

Orange: Ehrm, yeah, you know, funky ads with that American guy...

What happened to the mighty O?

/kicks himself for extending his contract with said operator

Guest maelgwn
,Mar 28 2006, 16:59]O2 prep launch of Tornado based XDA IQ

We're just getting word in that O2 UK are preparing to launch the 'XDA IQ', a HTC Tornado based Smartphone identical to the QTek 8310 and the iMate SP5.

The device, which is set to ship with AKU2 already installed, will be offered as part of a forthcoming Push Email package.

WiFi will of course be included. ;)

It's official, guys: http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2006/03/30/o2_preps_xda_iq/

Out in April.

Edited by maelgwn

Guest Confucious

It's being released on the 10th which is why the ROM update for the unoversal has been delayed until then as, apparently, they use the same ROM!

Guest sikittle
It's being released on the 10th which is why the ROM update for the unoversal has been delayed until then as, apparently, they use the same ROM!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

is this definate? cos i was about to get the Vario but if they really are coming out wtih this phone in the next couple weeks i may hang on.

Guest sikittle

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

is this definate? cos i was about to get the Vario but if they really are coming out wtih this phone in the next couple weeks i may hang on.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.