How do I start and close WIFI manually?

Guest mcMike

Guest mcMike

Hello,

How do I start and stop WI-FI manually via MFC or API ?

In my case I know that device is in range (home) and I would like it to connect to home-WLAN (which it always does when I just set WI-FI ON at home even though there are 3 different WLANs visible).

I have simple app that retrieves some stuff from net and now I need to manually open and close wi-fi before and after I start my app. Otherwise it will use GPRS.

I am using connectionmanager API to check if there is a connection and if not I use "standard" method to initiate GPRS/DATA-call. (ConnMgrMapURL() and ConnMgrEstablishConnectionSync())

Is there an easy way to use connmanager to force certain route like WLAN first and if that fails then GPRS ?

Currently I also try to shutdown the GPRS with connmanager if my app has opened it but that never seems to work (ConnMgrReleaseConnection()). Any ideas about that?

Thanks.

Guest windowsmobilepro

Not sure whether I understand your question correctly, but what I observed from my own code is that Wifi will be used when both wifi and GPRS are available. No "manual" or "standard" way is used for Wifi access ;)

Are you sure you are calling ConnectionManager APIs correctly?

Guest mcMike
Not sure whether I understand your question correctly, but what I observed from my own code is that Wifi will be used when both wifi and GPRS are available. No "manual" or "standard" way is used for Wifi access  ;)

Are you sure you are calling ConnectionManager APIs correctly?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I mean when WiFi is turned totally OFF in phone settings I would just like to turn it ON ( exactly same thing when user opens Comm Manager and press (1) to turn it on).

My app is using WiFi correctly IF it is turned ON in advance by the user (i.e. is available).