tomtom5 + jammin + ports

Guest J273

Just got my self a Holux 326 Gprs reciever along with tomtom 5 ive installed tomtom 5 no problems on the device and have set up the incoming port to com6 and outgoing to com7 but when i go to set the ports in tomtom theres no com port 6 or 7 theres only com9,3,2,0 and serial port.

Can anyone explain how to properly set it up...Ive checkd the wizard forum and enabled the gps in control panel but still no joy.

Any info would be great

Thanks

Jamie

Finally got it working....Just 1 thing the USB cigrette charger that comes with the 236 is it ok to use this as an incar charger for the jammin?

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...
Guest niek_groot

just for further reference, i to get tomtom working under wm5, just pair your gps reciever and create an outbound port (i used com6), then set up tomtom to connect with gps type other to com6. took me ages to whittle down the unnecessary steps a while ago ;)

Guest Charlie Mouse
I can't even get TomTom working with my M600... it gets as far as selecting a voice, and then hangs!

I had exactly the same problem and according to a post on xda-developers it was due to a missing CurrentMap.dat.

All you need to do is create a text file on your PC called 'CurrentMap.dat' and put this in the first line:

& \Storage Card\Great_Britain_Plus-Map\

(Change the path to wherever your maps are located)

Then create a directory called tomtom in the My Documents folder of your device and copy the dat file into it.

I tried it and everything works fine again now.

Guest NiallWaller

In case others have the problem at the top, with TomTom not seeing COM6 (or whatever COM port you've assigned to your GPS) I solved this by installing the free upgrade from the TomTom site to ver 5.21

Warning... others have said that the maps stopped working after the upgrade. I had no problems though.