Benchmarker (Smartphones)

Guest muff

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
Guest atlas

Here's my iMate SP5 with no mini-SD card. No tweaking, no removal of programs, and the phone was connected to the PC with no reset either.

Will do a proper test later once I get my mini-SD card from eBay =)

benchmark.txt

Edited by atlas

Guest muff

sorry folks, last coupla weeks have been kinda frenetic, including my laptop (where all my stuff resides) needing to be fixed twice :)

so I'm sure you can appreciate the delay

fear not, I've not forgotten about sitting down with this lot and working out a proper summary, I'm hoping to get to it next day or so (now my lappy is finally behaving itself)

I'm also thinking about making future versions include an auto submission to a website so that it can auto summarise in the future, but anyway that's then - first off I'll concentrate on getting this little lot summarised

sorry for the delays

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry for the delay folks, lots of reasons I wont bore you with.

I have finally made some time to sit down and gather all this information.

It's turned out to be a real monster of a job as well :S

Hoping to get the Smartphone results uploaded later today, tomorrow at the latest (PPC will be next)

Hurrah, finally got a summary together for all the results I have atm.

The spreadsheet is the in the first post. It contains the list of all Smartphone devices, and where I have them, their test results (27 sets in total out of 671 downloads :S).

[CREDITS] A big shout out to awarner for www.smartphonehistory.com which served as an invaluable source for the list of devices [/CREDITS]

At the moment there are devices that I've not got results for - so if you know someone who has one of these missing devices then get them to test the benchmarker to complete our results.

An overclocked MPX 220 comes out fastest in the '1000 balls' test, with the Motorola Q just behind it (and that's QVGA!)

There is lots of detail in there that most people wont care about, but it's important stuff to me as a developer :)

Enjoy!

Edited by muff

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

heres mine at the normal 180mhz

and heres the other one at 264mhz, i wanted to see the difference.

im using a 2gb sd card

Edited by mikeeey

• 2 weeks later...
here's my old VOQ A11 (204MHz xscale, WinMob 2003 SE)

Surprisingly bench without plugins running seem worse, hmm.

Also my SD card timings looks slow for a 150x card I think

I wouldn't think its due to the fact it was 1.5GB full?

benchmark___VOQ_normal_use.txtbenchmark___VOQ_noplugins.txt

wow i had not even heard of ur phone before. i typed it in and looked at it and its a lot different than most. looks like it only has a 176 x 220 screen tho rite? too bad they dont hav a WM5 2003 smartphone of that. the keypad thing is pretty cool.

wow i had not even heard of ur phone before. i typed it in and looked at it and its a lot different than most. looks like it only has a 176 x 220 screen tho rite? too bad they dont hav a WM5 2003 smartphone of that. the keypad thing is pretty cool.

thank you.

You can tell i'm in love with this toy since i'm still using it after such long time :rolleyes:

i'm not too keen for WM5, i have played with it many times on friend's toys, and i don't really want it (not yet, not until smartphones or PPCs have all some 500+mhz cpus that is).

I repeated benchmark from storage card, but the file write speeds are still very long (in the range of 0.3s). I think its wrong, there must be some explanation, hmm.

Voq apart from being rather bulky is not a bad device, but it was let down by it's terrible battery life.

its thicker than moto razr tahts for sure ;) but it is narrow as any phone, much narrower than any other PPC i've seen; also its not that thick - just perfect to hold it comfortably in my hand. None of my buddies ever call it bulky after holding it, but I understand that it may appears bulky if you just see its pics or read its parameters.

Battery life is low, thats true. Lasts only entire day of normal use and I must charge it when go to sleep. But I always plugged my phones to charger every night in the past anyways, so its not big deal unless someone goes on a trip and forgets charger ;)

Anyways:

There must be some issue with the benchmarker's way of writing file to ipsm on my phone i think.

I repeated test few times, and it always reports file write time in the range of 0.3sec, same for ipsm and SD. I can believe it might be true for SD, but I don't believe it takes 300ms to write 50k file to strataflash :rolleyes: :P

@awarner:

nice smartphone history site :(

But youre missing there quite few phones - specially my old favorite moto MPX!

edit:

one more for collection:

Voq right after hard reset :)

benchmark_VOQ_after_reset.txt

Edited by The888