Benchmarker (PPC)

Guest muff

As mentioned a few weeks ago, here is my little benchmarker

It's primarily for testing the speed of my new gfx engine on various devices, but also reports some other stuff that is useful

To use it, just unzip it and put the exe on the phone, then use the phone's filemanager to run the exe

It's designed to run on ALL 16-bit Smartphone and PPC's

It takes a couple of minutes to run, and once complete spits out a text file of it's results into the same folder as the original exe.

For those that are interested, I'm going to gather all the data together into a page that allows us all to compare devices.

If you want to do this, please copy the 'benchmark.txt' file back to your PC and rename it to the name of the device i.e. 'Orange M1000.txt' and load it up here

Of course if you come across any problems then let me know

muff

P.S. For Smartphones please post in http://www.modaco.com/Benchmarker-t239252.html

Benchmark.zip

Edited by muff

Who's going to merge the results into a pretty Excel chart? ;)

I'm intending to do just that, I'm thinking about how best to do it now that we have multiple clock speeds and roms on top of the expected multiple devices and providers

fear not, I'll come up with something

Guest fraser

Folks, don't forget to follow standard benchmarking practice! In this case, soft-reset the phone before running, and also close any auto-run applications that you have. The idea is to create a baseline to compare with.

In fact, if you wanted really accurate benchmarks; do a hard-reset first & check the device as it appears "out the box".

I'll do my M2000 tonight, if I get the chance.

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

Sound advice. However it might be more interesting for people to run the bencher straight away, and see how each device holds up on a day-to-day use basis?

Folks, don't forget to follow standard benchmarking practice! In this case, soft-reset the phone before running, and also close any auto-run applications that you have. The idea is to create a baseline to compare with.

In fact, if you wanted really accurate benchmarks; do a hard-reset first & check the device as it appears "out the box".

I'll do my M2000 tonight, if I get the chance.

Guest Tubbie_GL

Well just want to add my JAMin to the list..

Have run the test with the JAMin after a full working day, use of Wifi and various other services during the day. WIFI turned off during test though...

No overclocking:

JAMin.no.txt

Overclocked to 252:

JAMin.252.txt

Tubbie...