Tomtom Q

Guest Chunky Monkey

Guest Chunky Monkey

Having got my M500 replaced I reinstalled tomtom & updated the maps no worries.

My dad has a SPV C550 & is also running tomtom, but his uses pull postcode's were as mine uses half codes.

Does anyone know where the 'zip' folder is for the postal codes on my SPV? I was hoping to just copy his files over rather than buying a update for mine.

Guest Chunky Monkey
Got a file in my map folder called 'Great_Britain.postal', I think thats it

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've copied the .postal file into the maps folder, but its made no differance, there wasn't one in there to replace anyways.

Its on my M500 btw not the C550

Guest Chunky Monkey

rightI've sorted this.

if anyone needs to know you need to copy the ZIP folder with the .postal file in, to the ROOT of the PHONE not the Memory card, run tomtom job done (Y)

Guest M1DUL

Hello Chunky Monkey,

Thanks for the Info I was going to ask the same Question as well, But you bet me to it. I have both got it working now on My Orange SPV C500 and Orange SPV M5000. On the Pocket PC I have got it stored on the ROOT of the PHONE but on the Smartphone I have got it in the ROOT of the Storage Card Because I could not fit it on there because It said that I did not have enough Memory space.

I have noticed that it all depends where you have got Tom Tom Installed ether on the Device or Storage Card.

Edited by M1DUL

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Zahid

Just upgraded to an M600 from a C500 on which I had Tomtom Mobile 5 running. I installed Tomtom Navigator onto my M600 and was a little miffed to find that the Navigator version only has half post code search, which really isn't worth using as usually it'll only recognise the city from the first part of the postcode. I had the same idea as you guys above but didn't know how ;)

So a quick search and I found this thread :P

All sorted now.

But what I want to know is why does Tomtom Mobile 5 have full postcode search, but not Tomtom Navigator 5.21 ??

Guest fraser
But what I want to know is why does Tomtom Mobile 5 have full postcode search, but not Tomtom Navigator 5.21 ??

Could be licensing issues. Despite the "please use the postcode" campains, the Royal Mail treats the postcode database as private and licenses it out. Ever tried to find a postcode over the web? You need to register for everywhere I've seen. Kinda silly to have it in one and not the other though, if this is the case.