• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

khalid

khalid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi

I am creating an application using Windows Mobile 5.0 and .net Compact framework 2.0. I need to store certain data locally. It should be safe from user manipulation directly and only should only be changeable from the application. Please suggest how and where should I store the data??

Thanks
Khalid

rogueqd

rogueqd

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
  • Devices:Nokia 6500 Slide

Hi

I am creating an application using Windows Mobile 5.0 and .net Compact framework 2.0. I need to store certain data locally. It should be safe from user manipulation directly and only should only be changeable from the application. Please suggest how and where should I store the data??

Thanks
Khalid

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Depending what the data is you could write it to the registry, or use a SQL database.

Tech

Tech

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,490 posts
  • Devices:E200 2xC500 SP5m Vario
going to SQL is not the way unless you REALLLY need to - there will be other ways of doing this such as encrypting and storing it into a file and making the file perhaps hidden

Remember your application must be able to check if the file exists and handle encryption/decryption if you wish to do this and handle the possibilty of the file not existing/user tampering with the file causing invalid decryption

http://www.spapps.co.uk

Visit the Spapps UK Forums!!!
Spapps UK Forums [new]
Spapps UK Forums alternative link
^^^ CLICK ME ^^^

Current Projects:

DAR~ling update tba*
WMP Remote** (need new ideas!!)

TV Remote codenamed meetu (postponed)
mini PC Controller codenamed mawk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users