C550 and TomTom Mobile 4 help

Guest Stephann

Guest Stephann

Hi all,

I'm really stuck with my new SPV C550. I used to have a C500 and TomTom Mobile 4.20. It worked fine with my BT GPS receiver (a Fuzion GPS X50) provided I renamed the receiver to 'TomTom Wireless GPS.'

On the C550 I've installed TTVGA and the software works fine, but it doesn't seem to pick up my GPS receiver - it just says 'No GPS Device.'

I've installed the device as 'TomTom Wireless GPS' and set incoming COM6 and outgoing COM7 ports. The devices pair successfully, but when I go to TomTom it can't find the GPS and, when I exit TomTom the GPS settings are removed and the Bluetooth on the phone is changed from 'discoverable' to 'on.'

Interestingly if I keep the GPS name as 'BT GPS' and load TomTom, it still doesn't find the device, but upon exiting it does not remove the device from my 'bluetooth' device lists.

Does anyone have any ideas? I'm desperate and get lost everywhere I go!!

Thanks a lot,

Stephann

Guest mattpayne

Hey! ive exactly the same problem!

using my real tomtom Bluetooth GPS everything works dandy, but using my other one things dont work so well! device just dissapears on exiting Tomtom.... im running version 4.430(3130) GPS driver 1.20

ive read about some traffic update, but cant find it...

• 3 weeks later...
Guest saycol
Hi all,

I'm really stuck with my new SPV C550. I used to have a C500 and TomTom Mobile 4.20. It worked fine with my BT GPS receiver (a Fuzion GPS X50) provided I renamed the receiver to 'TomTom Wireless GPS.'

On the C550 I've installed TTVGA and the software works fine, but it doesn't seem to pick up my GPS receiver - it just says 'No GPS Device.'

I've installed the device as 'TomTom Wireless GPS' and set incoming COM6 and outgoing COM7 ports. The devices pair successfully, but when I go to TomTom it can't find the GPS and, when I exit TomTom the GPS settings are removed and the Bluetooth on the phone is changed from 'discoverable' to 'on.'

Interestingly if I keep the GPS name as 'BT GPS' and load TomTom, it still doesn't find the device, but upon exiting it does not remove the device from my 'bluetooth' device lists.

Does anyone have any ideas? I'm desperate and get lost everywhere I go!!

Thanks a lot,

Stephann

HI, did you have any joy sorting your problem out? If so what did you do? I have the same problem and would be interested to know.