WM5 for Smartphone Default Color Schemes

Guest Ingvarr

index.php?automodule=downloads&req=display&code=sst&id=1772

File Name: WM5 for Smartphone Default Color Schemes

File Submitter: Ingvarr

File Submitted: 23 Apr 2006

File Updated: 6 Mar 2009

File Category: QVGA Computer

Different colour variation of standard WM5 for Smartphone background & color scheme.

Courtesy of Microsoft site presentations & fake device screenshots ;) Hovewer, these ones use higher-quality default WM5S wallpaper as source image.

These are color schemes, not home screens - so they are can be used with any other home screen you prefer (provided it have proper color scheming support in it).

Version 1.1 - Added Dark Grey, Violet and Pink

Version 1.0 - Available in Yellow, Green and Orange.

* take note that "wash-outs" on the animated screenshot is just after-effects of animated GIF - actual themes on smartphone have no these defects *

If you like these themes, feel free to show your gratitude by donating to author :P x-click-but21.gif

Click here to download this file

Edited by Ingvarr

Guest Ingvarr

Install this distro, then go to Settings | Home Screen

Here in "Color Scheme" choose "Default Orange", "Default Yellow" or "Default Green".

• 2 weeks later...
Guest sb0611
Install this distro, then go to Settings | Home Screen

Here in "Color Scheme" choose "Default Orange", "Default Yellow" or "Default Green".

Great!

Any chance you could add grey and black color schemes as well? They are easier visible in bright conditions!

Thanks

Edited by sb0611

Guest gunnbot

This is great, thanks!

Do you think you could add Blue to the schemes? I understand that it's supposed to be the default colour scheme anyway but my Orange C600 doesn't have it.

Guest leoiden
This is great, thanks!

Do you think you could add Blue to the schemes? I understand that it's supposed to be the default colour scheme anyway but my Orange C600 doesn't have it.

WOW AWSOME IF YOU ADD MORE COLORS MORE POWER TO YAH BRO!!!THANKS AGAIN!

• 1 month later...
Guest robin3mj
Thank you!

This seems to be the only "theme" i've like. Great job!

Thanxs again for all the great colors!

These themse are great; I use the green one constantly. Would it be possible for someone to create a bluish-grey theme, or possibly navy blue? Maybe another color or two?

When I first got my SDA (music) I tried all the custom themes out there, but as I started using it more and more as a productivity tool, I don't think I could use anything other than the base home screen anymore, so new colors would be sweet.

Thanks.

• 1 month later...
Guest duke_stix

i cant figure out how to install these!

i downloaded the zip file, but i cant install it on my i-mate, nor does it let me change it to a CAB file so i can try and see if it works like that.

can anyone help?!

thanx

• 1 month later...
Guest red-dawn
i cant figure out how to install these!

i downloaded the zip file, but i cant install it on my i-mate, nor does it let me change it to a CAB file so i can try and see if it works like that.

can anyone help?!

thanx

Copy the file to your phone (I chose the windows directory), then navigate to it with your phone's file explorer and open (or install) it.

Guest duke_stix
Copy the file to your phone (I chose the windows directory), then navigate to it with your phone's file explorer and open (or install) it.

i've tried that!

i copied it over to the phone, and tried to install it, and it says its an invalid zip archive!

help! i'd really like to get these themes installed on my phone!

thank you!

Guest The Doctor
i've tried that!

i copied it over to the phone, and tried to install it, and it says its an invalid zip archive!

help! i'd really like to get these themes installed on my phone!

thank you!

extract the zip using SmartExplorer or similar to Application Data/Home

Phil

Apparently file base was changed sometime so it changed extension.

I've reuploaded it now - now it as it should be, of .HME extension (home screen package).

Just download it, copy it to the phone, and "run" via smartphone file manager - it will be installed.

Guest barnib97

This is a really cool theme set, but why doesn't it change the start menu background? That's still set as the cingular default blue, even when I set the background from Default to WM5S_Green. Thanks

-Peter

Guest Ingvarr

Most likely Cingular have overriden the theme settings with their custom background. To make theme work, this registry setting (that specifies custom menu background) must be removed, unfortunately I dont remember its name :rolleyes:

Nice work Ingvarr, thank you very much...

Using the green background I can almost fool myself that I've a Mteor, not a lowly C600... Only mine is an app & sim-unlocked one that works correctly! :rolleyes:

Sp00k...

Guest barnib97

Since I know absolutely nothing about this, I would really appreciate if you could find out how to change that. I'm great with computer but just got this phone a week ago. How do you look at the phone's registry in the first place? Thanks for all your help,

-Peter

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.