Bluetooth Active Sync

Guest stug

Hi, I'm using AS 4.1, and have just bought a GigaByte Bluetooth dongle to try and active sync my Jasjar using Bluetooth. I've installed the dongle, and the bundled Blue Soleil software, but can't seem to get it to work. The Blue Soleil software seems to assign COM10 and COM11 as serial ports, and I think this is the problem, because as far as I can see AS only looks at COM0-9.

I've tried going uninstalling the software, and going into the registry and deleting all the existing COM ports from HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\Ports before re-installing, but it still installs on COM10 and COM11.

Basically, does anyone know how to get AS 4.1 to use COM ports >9? or to get Blue Soleil to use COM ports ;) !

Cheers,

Stu

Guest Rob.P

Try this thread http://www.modaco.com/Active-Sync-over-Blu...th-t232696.html

I eventaully gave up with the Bluesoleil software as I found it generally useless, I have now shoehorned the Widcomm software to work with by Bluetooth dongle instead. It's not a legitamate use of the Widcomm software so I don't think the Mods will allow me to post links to how it is done. If you decide to go down this route after trying the above guide you can find the solution from Googling.

Hope one of the above is some help ;)

Guest Shuflie

I haven't read the above thread through but I have bluetooth dongle that came with bluesoleil software, as I'm running on xp64 this was a bit useless to me. The way I went was just to use the microsoft bluetooth stack. If your device is not directly supported by then you will need to edit the revelant .inf file so that windows can recognise it. Nice thing about the microsoft stack is that it directly supports activesync and reports that as a service to the universal so you can just select sync by bluetooth from your phone to make a connection. Search for (I think) bth.inf and modify the device hardware id for one of the know manufacturers so that it matches your own device. You'll need XP service pack 2 installed to have the microsoft bluetooth stack available.