backlight off & screen orientation

Guest clive_j

Guest clive_j

Can anyone help me with two questions/problem?

Sometimes when waking up my XDA Pro the backlight brightness is set to minimum (ie black screen) without me having adjusted it. I haven't found an easy way to turn up the brightness! Does anyone know why this is happening?

Is there a way of defining a button to change the screen orientation> It's a pain going to Today and trying to hit that small spot when driving!!!

Thanks

Clive

• 4 weeks later...
Guest smckane

Hi,

To toggle the backlight hold down the power button for 5s, or change the settings under Start>Settings>System>Backlight

To remap buttons go to Start>Settings>Personal>Buttons. Select the button you want to use to toggle the screen orientation, then under the drop down list, scroll to near the top and choose .

Hope this helps!

Stewart

Guest manveruppd

I had this problem too - it's not an issue of the backlight not coming on, but simply that the phone has forgotten the Brightness setting and has reset it to minimum, which essentially keeps the backlight off all the time. I _think_ it only happens after a cold boot (ie. turning the phone back on after it's the battery had been taken out rather than a soft reset), because it hasn't happened to me in a couple of days now. I've simply resigned myself to never taking the battery out until a firmware update fixes the issue. Does it happen to your phone after it wakes up from power-saving mode as well as being switched completely off?