Tomtom Keeps Starting By Itself

Guest NightFox

Guest NightFox

I keep finding that Tomtom has started all by itself on my O2 Xda Mini, and often by the time I've noticed it's taken a considerable chunk out of my battery level. It's not caused by accidental human activation, as it's the only app that does this and it even does it when it's sat on a table at night.

I seem to remember readin that their was a problem with the memory card slot on the Wizard where it sometimes thought a card had been removed and re-inserted - so perhaps this is what is happening and it just keeps autorunning Tomtom when it thinks the card has been removed and replaced?

Anyone else had this problem, and have you managed to fix it?

Is there a file on the Tomtom card that I can remove to stop it auto-running?

Thanks

Guest Happy Dave
Yep I've seen this as well.

Activesync does it on mine, must be turning itself on 3 or 4 times judging by the battery loss. Dont know why as it isnt scheduled to run. I can totally close the program in memory but in the morning its running and the battery is heavily used

Guest NightFox

Also if I've got Media Player running, I often find it saying "A Storage Card has just been inserted, should it search for media files".

Are people with the latest O2 ROM update experiencing this? I'm reluctant to install it unless I need to as I don't want all the hassle of doing a clean setup and getting MMS working again!

To stop TomTom starting up rename toe 2577 folder to 2577.old on the storage card. If you're constantly getting card messages it might be time to replace the device though.

Guest mandt
Also if I've got Media Player running, I often find it saying "A Storage Card has just been inserted, should it search for media files".

I had heard about this before I had my wizard, and on the first day it did it but hasn't since...strange

Guest Pigo

had the same problem and yes it's caused by the storage card.

to stop it i removed the 2577 directory which contains the autorun files. never happend since.

pigo