AKU2 at last!

Guest dave106

Guest Pondrew

Good news. Was starting to think us HTC Charmer/MDA Compact II owners were never going to get an update in the same way HTC Hurricane/SDA II/SPV C550 owners never did...

Still not on the T-Mobile UK download site but hopefully won't be long.

Well German AKU2 + MDA Compact II + Wi-Fi = Nein ..... Unfortunately

Infact the only changes I can see are all annoying...

If you set for clock in the top right - it changes back to battery in many screens

It has comm manager - but this is pretty useless as it just makes for an easy way to accidentally switch off the phones radio when you try and use it to enable bluetooth

And really thats about all I can see that has changed - so people expecting some huge leap will probably be dissapointed - infact too many who think it will be a hastle wiping all their data - I'd say don't bother - wait until the next time your device crashes

Edited by kaf

Guest jonajuna
Well German AKU2 + MDA Compact II + Wi-Fi = Nein ..... Unfortunately

Infact the only changes I can see are all annoying...

If you set for clock in the top right - it changes back to battery in many screens

It has comm manager - but this is pretty useless as it just makes for an easy way to accidentally switch off the phones radio when you try and use it to enable bluetooth

And really thats about all I can see that has changed - so people expecting some huge leap will probably be dissapointed - infact too many who think it will be a hastle wiping all their data - I'd say don't bother - wait until the next time your device crashes

surely there are more changes than that? else what was the point ;)

comm manager is useless for me as i have a shortcut for BTtoggler on my today screen, ive removed the battery icon from today as it wasted space (have pocket breeze with a nice battery bar slimline at the top)

im getting the feeling that the mdac2 is a dead duck, shouldve never bothered and wouldnt have if id known about the jammin coming along

live and learn, live and learn, just such a shame you cant carry this knowledge into the next life :P

comm manager is useless for me as i have a shortcut for BTtoggler on my today screen, ive removed the battery icon from today as it wasted space (have pocket breeze with a nice battery bar slimline at the top)

im getting the feeling that the mdac2 is a dead duck, shouldve never bothered and wouldnt have if id known about the jammin coming along

live and learn, live and learn, just such a shame you cant carry this knowledge into the next life :P

I think there is supposed to be some kind of push mail support and I think coding changes - which do indeed make it feel a little more solid - but nothing special

I've said I look at it that the phone was a 'freebie' for me - but I agree that if you felt you've paid for it in some way - it probably is a lame duck.

Maybe the actual UK version will prove a little more useful????????

Edited by kaf

Guest LSmith4285

Is there any improvement in call quality? I feel the MDA call quality is really poor compared to my previous SPV E200, C500 and C550, also lagging behind all the traditional phone makers nokia, SE, moto etc.

What do you really want from the MDA C2? People say how far behind the jamin it is but all we are missing is wifi, 2mp camera and the extra buttons. I could have went for that on orange but it would have cost me

Guest jonajuna
What do you really want from the MDA C2? People say how far behind the jamin it is but all we are missing is wifi, 2mp camera and the extra buttons.

wifi and 2mp camera wouldve been good :P

sure my tariff is good, but the mdac2 did cost me

Guest LSmith4285

Well I got the MDAC2 when i knew the m600 was a week off but with unlimited internet i'm not fussed about the wifi and the camera isn't a big deal.

I can see where your coming from with the support issue but i guess this is the problem when the MDAC2 never got a bigger release eg qtek, imate etc. I worked for orange for 6.5 years and i doubt most of the staff in there could tell you how to hard reset the m600 ;)

Having said that i still really want this update and blackberry connect! Surely thats not too much to ask of tmob...

Guest dave106
wifi and 2mp camera wouldve been good :P

sure my tariff is good, but the mdac2 did cost me

Edited by dave106

Guest jonajuna
dont forget t-mobile have yet to release any AKU2 updates, not for the Wizard or Universal. So it isnt just a case of the Charmer being limited to one provider so theres less support for it.

sorry but i dont get what you mean....

the wizard and universal have aku2 updates from other suppliers so clearly they do have more support, albeit not from tmob

whereas the charmer is only from tmob so the lack of support from them (like for wizard and universal) means that there is no support at all

Guest dave106
sorry but i dont get what you mean....

the wizard and universal have aku2 updates from other suppliers so clearly they do have more support, albeit not from tmob

whereas the charmer is only from tmob so the lack of support from them (like for wizard and universal) means that there is no support at all

okay then, official support is lacking from t-mobile since theyve yet to release any aku2 updates. imate wouldnt give you support for a vario with the kjam rom installed. t-mobile need to get their arse in gear.

Edited by dave106

Guest jonajuna
okay then, official support is lacking from t-mobile since theyve yet to release any aku2 updates. imate wouldnt give you support for a vario with the kjam rom installed. t-mobile need to get their arse in gear.

;)

i think we are sort of saying the same then :P

i dont need tech support, just rom's. that was my line, i could use roms from anywhere (albeit not through official channels) for the other htc devices

but yes, tmob need to get their ass in gear, especially as ive never been with them before, always avoiding them over the years despite apparently good tarriffs due to my perception of them as being a bit amateur (i know they are a big big company, but still.....) if things dont improve over the course of this contract, i wont be staying with them ;)