Moto Q USB drivers

Guest ranzz

Guest ranzz

Hiya all, certainly been a while since I got to write here, I simply didn't own a Smartphone for the last few years, ever since I sold my SPV Canary I purchased from one of you guys (so sorry mate, but I don't remember your name.

Anyway, just got me a half prototype half working unit Moto Q device, and I don't know where I should start looking for an answer as to connecting it to the PC. I guess bluetooth would do the trick without any problems, but I don't really have a dongle currently, but I do have plenty of Mini USB devices.

So, the PC recognises a device (it doesn't know what device it is) and asks for a driver. nothing to do from here on.

My last chance is that somehow a Moto Q driver has been leaked already somehow, or one of you guys gets a good idea about using a driver from another phone... maybe MPx200/220? or some other HTC smartphone? (was the Q made by HTC?).

Thanks in advance all.

Guest leethacker

Driver?! Simple go to Microsoft Website and download the latest Version of ActiveSync. :-) Its that simple.

WM5torage will also work if you just want to access the storage card like a usb drive.

Guest ranzz
Driver?! Simple go to Microsoft Website and download the latest Version of ActiveSync. :-) Its that simple.

WM5torage will also work if you just want to access the storage card like a usb drive.

Oh man, I really haven't messed around with WM for a while, completely forgot about AS, oh the lameness!

Thanks, I'll give it a try!

Guest ranzz
You've got a Proto of the Q? nice!

Yeah, reviewing it for Gadgetim.co.il. we've already got hold of it a couple of times but this is the closest one to the final version. it does have some VZW stuff on it but it mostly have the local company's branding on it.

BTW, this is the first time Smartphone OS supports Hebrew. it's a right-to-left language as you know, and it's been real problematic over the years. we've never had a Smartphone officialy sold here in Israel.

Here's a couple of pics from the last times we encountered it. this is not the unit I currently have (haven't taken pics yet):

http://www.gadgetim.co.il/contentItems.php?itemID=6884 - hands on from Microsoft's Tech-Ed convention in Israel.

http://www.gadgetim.co.il/galleries_show_a...50&galleryID=38 - Gallery of the older prototype without Hebrew.

Guest ranzz

Nope. it's CDMA 1X Ev-DO.

As far as I know, Moto keeps talking about the GSM version of the Q, but I don't think one actually exists. well I haven't seen one.

Guest awarner (MVP)
Hiya all, certainly been a while since I got to write here, I simply didn't own a Smartphone for the last few years, ever since I sold my SPV Canary I purchased from one of you guys (so sorry mate, but I don't remember your name.

Welcome back ;) how is sunny Israel?

What happened to the MPX200 you had last year?

Guest ranzz

Hey mate!!!! now I remember the cool dude who sold me the SPV :P

Ummmm, don't remember having an MPx200... I did have a proto MPx220 for a while, it was great but I actually forgot about it ;)

Israel is still.. sunny, too sunny! especially Eilat, we were there the other weekend to cover the Microsoft convention and it was really great. lots of talk about WM (even got me a WM hat! ;)), man we should've reported in English too...

Well no time for that unfortunately, but you can enjoy some pics:

http://www.gadgetim.co.il/contentItemsBlog...197&itemID=6865

Guest sporkguy

Its good to hear that MS and Moto are officially supporting languages other than the usual English/French/German ;)

This device looks pretty amazing really.. one of the slimmest smartphones in the world.. only the Startrk will come close I think.

Guest ranzz

Well.. hardly comparble since Startrek is a flip and the Q's a QWERTY-Candy ;)

Something else to remember about the Q is that regardless of the keyboard, it also has a wider screen, and IT DOES SUPPORT full screen video. which looks amazing!

Guest ranzz

Umm.. I've searched and searched but can't seem to find a free screen capturing program, is there such a thing? Smart SS won't work on the Q... and I'm dyin to post some pictures of the OS.