Problem with phone calls

Guest Rathan

Guest Rathan

Hi there, this is my first post although I have been using your site for advice for some time now. I have a SPV M500 that has just recently started giving me trouble with the phone side of things. when I call someone, I can't hear them when they answer. I have tried a soft reset which does work occasionally but not always. There is always memory free as I make sure that I turn off programs when i am finished with them via the memory setting.

Is there anything I can do before taking it back to orange, as it is still in its guarantee period.

many thanks,

Rathan

Hi there, this is my first post although I have been using your site for advice for some time now. I have a SPV M500 that has just recently started giving me trouble with the phone side of things. when I call someone, I can't hear them when they answer. I have tried a soft reset which does work occasionally but not always. There is always memory free as I make sure that I turn off programs when i am finished with them via the memory setting.

Is there anything I can do before taking it back to orange, as it is still in its guarantee period.

many thanks,

Rathan

If it's still under warranty I'd just take it back to Orange and get them to sort it out. I'd suggest downloading an evaluation copy of Sprite Backup (if you don't own it already!) and take a full backup of your phone first though - just incase they flash the ROM while they have it. ;)

Guest Rathan

Thanks I'll take it to them today. where do I get th sprite backup? is the backup that the phone does each time i sync not enough?

thanks again,

Rathan

Guest Disco Stu

Sprite homepage here.

There has been a lot of discussion of the various backup options and I'm not sure a conclusion has ever been reached. The general assumption is that ActiveSync doesn't backup as much as xBackup (in the phone's programs menu) and nothing backs up as much as Sprite.

The best thing about Sprite is that you can create a self-executing backup file on your storage card. If anything should go wrong while you're away from your PC you just hard reset, click on the backup with the file explorer and you have all your data and software back.

Guest richard_hogg

silly q... can they hear you?

The HTC phones have a 'niggle' with the headphone socket. If you've used it and you get funny priblems like this, plug the headphones in a bit and wiggle them in and out to see if it fixes it.

Both my HTC phones do this now and agan.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Rathan

the person I called can hear me. funnily enough, the speakerphone works fine and I have been using this while I get my backup sorted out.

hopefully orange will help me out as i do like my M500.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest teefaf

Double post fact: Heathrow terminal 5 is the biggest construction project in Europe, and has involved the diversion of 2 rivers, construction of over 6 miles of underground tunnels and over 7 miles of conveyor belt.

Edited by teefaf

Guest teefaf

I have this problem too, and it's been driving me nuts for months. I've taken to answering calls and immediately switching to speakerphone, then holding the phone backwards against my ear! Sometimes its so loud its embarrassing, and I'm finding myself longing for the simplicity of a Nokia again! :)

I had it on my original phone and got it replaced immediately by Orange. It then started happening on the replacement phone too, but by this time my phone was out of its 6 month Orange warranty and Orange told me I'd have to send it back to HTC for repair. I'm really loathe to do this though, because unfortunately my phone's been dropped a couple of times and there are some obvious marks on the case. I'm sure HTC would say it's my fault and try to charge me for the repair.

Warranty is up at the end of July, not sure what to do. The stuff about the headphone socket is news to me... thanks for that info.

Edited by teefaf