Is my camera bust or are they realy this bad?

Guest zarneewoop

Guest zarneewoop

Hi, I havnt han my m5000 long, I was looking forward to at least resonable 1.3 mp images at least as good as my old c500, but alas no such luck.

The image is realy spotty (see below, you will have to click on it to see the spottiness) I took a picture of a back wall to hilight the problem but they apear in all blacks.

Also if for example i try and take a picture of my son the face is always blown out (goes white) even if i turn the brightness and contrast down.

Are all the m5000 cameras like this or should i get on to HTC?

thanks

jay

post-145593-1148961822_thumb.jpg

Guest sporkguy

They're all that quality unfortunately -especially in low light.

What you see is digital sensor noise, and is caused by a low-quality CCD on the camera.

It goes without saying HTC's cameras have never been high quality, and the most common mistake consumers make regarding camera quality these days is they consider 'MPs' to be the QUALITY of the photos it takes -- this, infact, is rather shortsighted, as the MPs only refer to the number of pixels on the outputted image.

Therefore, a 1.3mp camera isn't necessarily going to have a brilliant photo quality to it.

Guest zarneewoop

I, i know the mp trap, lens and sensor quality are far more important also for decent results a ambiant light levle and temperature sensor are an absoloute must, you just cant get a decent result in software.

My real disapointment was that there seems to be no real adjustment, the picture looks fine in preview but then the software messes with it and realy screws it up and was quite suprised that the c500 camera is of a better quality pixel cout aside, Id far rather have a reasonable vga than a rubish xvga anyday..

Thanks for saving me sending the phone back and the nightmare involved in having to re install the darn thing..

Cheers

Jay

Guest Shuflie

I'd have to disagree with sporkguy on this one, while the camrea isn't great you should expect something a bit better than that from it. Here are a couple of shots I took just now. The first is with auto ambience and is of a black section on my remote control, the second is in night mode and it's pretty obvious what it is. I do have a few hot pixels (the coloured ones) and about 5 dead ones (completely white all the time), but they are nothing like what you've posted.

post-140-1149119833_thumb.jpgpost-140-1149119857_thumb.jpg

EDIT: Just for completeness here's the remote again in night mode.

post-140-1149120200_thumb.jpg

Edited by Shuflie

Guest zarneewoop

Now that i could live with, and was more like what I was expecting.

I have a feeling that things got worse after instaling the new orange rom.

Which rom are you useing, and if im permitted to ask where might i find it to give it a try to see if it is a software issue?

thanks

jay

Guest Shuflie

Its the t-mobile uk MDA PRO rom available from http://t-mobile.iris-global.com/download_m...er_mda_pro.html. You might need to play around in bootloader mode and use a special no-id program to get it to install on an M5000. Look on xda-developers.com for the info on how to do that, I've only upgraded the entire ROM once and didn't have to mess around since I actually have an MDA PRO.