It's here: Opera 8.60 launched for Pocket PC

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Confucious

Hi Paul, I had tried card cache but had problems - I'll try it again. I'm not sure if IE was running when I tried it last time which maybe caused the problems.

I'll let you know how I get on this time!

Guest Paul (MVP)

Can someone else try inputting a URL using phonepad and see if it inserts weird spaces before words?

I use phone pad with auto-insert-space-after-word turned off...

P

Guest peekie

although opera is nice its a memory eater , by installing onto the sd card there is a 2mb install on the phones memory as well :) guess minimo will stay my second browser ( and its free as well :) )

Guest Confucious

Paul, I installed Card Cache, rebooted and loaded IE OK. I then clicked on a link in an email and the page starts to load, gets to 100% and IE closes and I can't use IE again until I reboot. Uninstalled Card Cache and all is fine again.

I can get similar results by setting Zoom to 200% then when I click on a link when IE is open it crashes at 100% but then works without having to reboot until the next time I click on a link.

Opera keeps on hanging on my exec as well :)

Guest Paul (MVP)

Could you confirm that, after installing Card Cache and running IE, there is a 'Pocket IE' directory in your storage card?

If not, create it...

P

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.