Help mpx200 vs mpx220?

Guest pigpaw3

Guest pigpaw3

Looking for advice. We have 2 MPx200s (ATT sim cards) with Cingular. Their getting old and one screen

has gone blank. Need two new phones and are considering 2 MPx 220s as we loved our 200s. Ebay has unlocked new 220s for $140 ea which I think is great. Questions are will the unlocked work with ATT cards

as we dont want to get a Cingular plan, and is the MPx220 really that good? We had some issues with the 200s

such as battery life, weak signal when it should have been good, cracks on plastic parts without impact, and not being able to use it as a dialup modem without paying Cingular a boatload of money(modem using minutes). Sorry for the long post, but this is an important issue, not for the money but we dont want to be stuck with a crappy phone fgor the next few years. Thanks to all very much. Mike and Lora

Guest TIGER69
Looking for advice. We have 2 MPx200s (ATT sim cards) with Cingular. Their getting old and one screen

has gone blank. Need two new phones and are considering 2 MPx 220s as we loved our 200s. Ebay has unlocked new 220s for $140 ea which I think is great. Questions are will the unlocked work with ATT cards

as we dont want to get a Cingular plan, and is the MPx220 really that good? We had some issues with the 200s

such as battery life, weak signal when it should have been good, cracks on plastic parts without impact, and not being able to use it as a dialup modem without paying Cingular a boatload of money(modem using minutes). Sorry for the long post, but this is an important issue, not for the money but we dont want to be stuck with a crappy phone fgor the next few years. Thanks to all very much. Mike and Lora

I had an MPX200 a few years back and I loved it, but I recently bought a 220 and it's alot better, especially for reception due to the fact it's quadband. I prefer the black over the silver also, looks alot better and I get alot of compliments on the phone. There is alot you can do with it, and the learning is endless when it comes to figuring out stuff and doing more. I don't know about Cingular, I'm from canada, I bought an unlocked 220 from ebay and poped in my sim card and it's easy. my only complaint is that the camera is lags a little but not much at all, but you have to remember the age on the MPX220 and the nunerous developments since then. Hope I've helped abit, even though I haven't answered alot of your questions, but I love this phone, oh yeah an unlocked quadband phone has a great resale value.